You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

JoRed4

Pharmacy Tech ANZSCO 311215

Hi. My sister works as a Pharmacy Tech but doesn’t have a formal qualification, we’ll she does have a Bachelors Degree but not in that field. I’ve read on an Immigration website that in some cases 3 years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications; how do you find out if that will be the case per individual?

Thank you

26th August 2010 Passed AQF III. 28th Nov 2011 TRA Passed. 10th Jan 2011 Submitted SA SS app. 22nd March 2011 SA SS granted. 26th March 2011 176 eVisa submitted. CO assigned 3rd May 2011.

The best idea, for someone whose case is not straightforward, is to consult an agent.  Some will give the initial consultation free of charge.

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

And I would add it’s really annoying to put up two separate posts relating to the same issue in your first post Your sister works in a pharmacy, and now it is clear she isn’t a pharmacist 

Look at my previous post replying to your other post

perhaps as it is your sister who will be applying she needs to do some research herself, after all it’s a complex process and only she knows her own circumstances 

best of luck and as Marisawright says She May need to contact an agent to assess her eligibility as it may not be straightforward 

Edited by shaunfreo

I apologise if I’ve annoyed anybody. I never said that my sister was a Pharmacist. I thought this forum was here for people to ask questions.

Thank you Marisawright I’ll have a look at some agents for her as well.

26th August 2010 Passed AQF III. 28th Nov 2011 TRA Passed. 10th Jan 2011 Submitted SA SS app. 22nd March 2011 SA SS granted. 26th March 2011 176 eVisa submitted. CO assigned 3rd May 2011.

19 hours ago, JoRed4 said:

Hi. My sister works as a Pharmacy Tech but doesn’t have a formal qualification, we’ll she does have a Bachelors Degree but not in that field. I’ve read on an Immigration website that in some cases 3 years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications; how do you find out if that will be the case per individual?

Thank you

It will depend on what visa she is looking to apply for. 

Raul T Senise

Registered Migration Agent

MARN 0636699

www.ozimmigration.com

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

She’s looking at the 489.

We were thinking she might come out on a Working Holiday Visa (417) first as they’ve upped the age to 35 for Irish citizens, but she’d still have to acquire all this proof etc eventually & I think that might be easier to do from home rather than from here, so I think she should just go for the 489 from the beginning.

20 minutes ago, JoRed4 said:

She’s looking at the 489.

We were thinking she might come out on a Working Holiday Visa (417) first as they’ve upped the age to 35 for Irish citizens, but she’d still have to acquire all this proof etc eventually & I think that might be easier to do from home rather than from here, so I think she should just go for the 489 from the beginning.

For a 489 you need a formal skills assessment. For a skills assessment you require relevant qualifications.

Raul T Senise

MARN 0636699

www.ozimmigration.com

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

Thank you so much Raul for your help with this, so regarding this, what type of visa are they referring to please?

Pharmacy Technician job description, duties and education requirements

UNIT GROUP 3112

At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification

On 09/11/2018 at 15:20, JoRed4 said:

Pharmacy Technician job description, duties and education requirements

UNIT GROUP 3112

At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification

The above is a quote from ANZSCO which is simply an occupation classification system. This is not the Regulations.

On 09/11/2018 at 15:20, JoRed4 said:

Thank you so much Raul for your help with this, so regarding this, what type of visa are they referring to please?

Some employer sponsored visas allow experience to substitute qualifications in some circumstances.

• Thanks 1

Raul T Senise

MARN 0636699

www.ozimmigration.com

For a positive pre-migration skills assessment for general skilled migration there are few skilled occupations for which work experience, without a relevant academic or trade qualification are sufficient. The commentary in ANZSCO misleads some people.

• Thanks 1

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com