Pharmacy Tech ANZSCO 311215

JoRed4

Hi. My sister works as a Pharmacy Tech but doesn’t have a formal qualification, we’ll she does have a Bachelors Degree but not in that field. I’ve read on an Immigration website that in some cases 3 years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications; how do you find out if that will be the case per individual?

Thank you

Look at my previous post replying to your other post

perhaps as it is your sister who will be applying she needs to do some research herself, after all it’s a complex process and only she knows her own circumstances 

best of luck and as Marisawright says She May need to contact an agent to assess her eligibility as it may not be straightforward 

Edited by shaunfreo

19 hours ago, JoRed4 said:

Hi. My sister works as a Pharmacy Tech but doesn’t have a formal qualification, we’ll she does have a Bachelors Degree but not in that field. I’ve read on an Immigration website that in some cases 3 years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications; how do you find out if that will be the case per individual?

Thank you

It will depend on what visa she is looking to apply for. 

She’s looking at the 489.

We were thinking she might come out on a Working Holiday Visa (417) first as they’ve upped the age to 35 for Irish citizens, but she’d still have to acquire all this proof etc eventually & I think that might be easier to do from home rather than from here, so I think she should just go for the 489 from the beginning.

20 minutes ago, JoRed4 said:

She’s looking at the 489.

We were thinking she might come out on a Working Holiday Visa (417) first as they’ve upped the age to 35 for Irish citizens, but she’d still have to acquire all this proof etc eventually & I think that might be easier to do from home rather than from here, so I think she should just go for the 489 from the beginning.

For a 489 you need a formal skills assessment. For a skills assessment you require relevant qualifications.

Thank you so much Raul for your help with this, so regarding this, what type of visa are they referring to please?

Pharmacy Technician job description, duties and education requirements

UNIT GROUP 3112

At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification

On 09/11/2018 at 15:20, JoRed4 said:

Pharmacy Technician job description, duties and education requirements

UNIT GROUP 3112

At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification

The above is a quote from ANZSCO which is simply an occupation classification system. This is not the Regulations.

On 09/11/2018 at 15:20, JoRed4 said:

Thank you so much Raul for your help with this, so regarding this, what type of visa are they referring to please?

Some employer sponsored visas allow experience to substitute qualifications in some circumstances.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi my wife is a Pharmacist with B Pharmacy degree but she worked as a P. Technician for 5 years. Can we apply for Immigration under 489 visa as an offshore applicant?  Pharmacy Technician is on STSOL. Can we get a positive assessment from VETASSESS, Pls reply !

Edited by scorpio_sam

Can we apply for Immigration under 489 visa as an offshore applicant? 

Possibly, but not with any prospect of success. Relevant qualification are enough for a positve skills assessment as a pharmacist, but lack of relevant work experience would doom a visa application.

Can we get a positive assessment from VETASSESS

From what you posted, very likely yes. What would be your next step?

• 7 months later...
On 08/11/2018 at 05:35, JoRed4 said:

Thank you

I have Pharmacy degree but in my first 3years of graduation,I worked as a Pharmacy technician and later opened a small retail Pharmacy outlet for 3years now making total of 6years post graduate experience.Can I have positive assessment from vetasses as a Pharmacy technician ?Thank y