Recommend a Gold Coast dentist (please!)?

Jo&Rich

Hi, was wondering if anyone on the Gold Coast could recommend a good dentist to me. I've just chipped either a filling or part of my tooth away, and have to get it seen to. I went to a dentist when we got here, but he had worked in the NHS and seemed to hate the UK and everyone from there, very patronising, AND expensive.

Runaway Bay is the nearest suburb to me, but if anyone knows of a good one I'll travel:notworthy:.

Cheers,

Jo x

Guest Scarletfever

Hiya Jo.

When i was over in the GC recently, my sister tried to get me to go to the dentist that she and her tribe use. Being a man and being far too tough to succumb to toothache, i declined the offer and spent the whole flight crying to the flight attendants who pointed me out to anyone who wanted a laugh...:sad:

Anyway, her dentist is here http://www.dentistgoldcoast.com.au/ and she swears blind by them. Both she and her daughter have had a bit of cosmetic work down and it looks great.

Good luck with it anyway

Hi, was wondering if anyone on the Gold Coast could recommend a good dentist to me. I've just chipped either a filling or part of my tooth away, and have to get it seen to. I went to a dentist when we got here, but he had worked in the NHS and seemed to hate the UK and everyone from there, very patronising, AND expensive.

Runaway Bay is the nearest suburb to me, but if anyone knows of a good one I'll travel:notworthy:.

Cheers,

Jo x

Know a good one in Oldham but a bit far too travel back eh? Hope you get sorted soon Jo

Jo x:spinny:

Guest ozzielass

Hi Jo, I go to Swadlings Dentists in Southport. Tel 5532 3680. I have only ever had a check up and cleaning but have been happy with what they charge and the time they spend on my teeth.

Hi Jo, I go to Swadlings Dentists in Southport. Tel 5532 3680. I have only ever had a check up and cleaning but have been happy with what they charge and the time they spend on my teeth.

Thanks for that. I still haven't got round to booking an appointment, will probably wait until I'm in agony, and make it worse:skeptical:.

Jo x

Guest guest12791

Cheers,

Jo x

hello there, i went to a realy good dental practice near brisbane (Camp Hill Dental Practice) its a drive away for you but realy good. The dentist was patient, very calming and saw me the same day. the practice had upto date equipment, very polite and kind receptionist. For a filling it cost me 80 dollars and i needed antibiotics. I enquired at carindale dental practice and was told 300 dollars for the same treatment! if you dont mind travelling i would give them a go. I cant get a dentist in england, feel like flying to camp hill it would be worth it!

Good luck

Annemarie

hello there, i went to a realy good dental practice near brisbane (Camp Hill Dental Practice) its a drive away for you but realy good. The dentist was patient, very calming and saw me the same day. the practice had upto date equipment, very polite and kind receptionist. For a filling it cost me 80 dollars and i needed antibiotics. I enquired at carindale dental practice and was told 300 dollars for the same treatment! if you dont mind travelling i would give them a go. I cant get a dentist in england, feel like flying to camp hill it would be worth it!

Good luck

Annemarie

Thanks Anne Marie. The last one I saw charged me $250 for a check up, clean and polish and a couple of x-rays, seems such a lot of money for 20 minutes work. Went into the wrong occupation I think- being a mummy doesn't pay that well!

Jo x

• 2 years later...
Guest Claytom

The best (and now only) dentist I've ever used is Ben Swindley in the Q centre near Robina, as it was recommended to me by a friend.

Found him to be professional and compassionate, unlike a lot of dentists that pretty much push you out of the clinic once they're done.

I had to have a tooth removed, and it was really sore and sensitive (put it off for too long!), and I was nervous about getting it pulled, but he made the whole thing painless.

In fact, in the several visits I've had since then, I've never been in any pain or felt uncomfortable

My brother now goes there, and he's the biggest wuss out when it comes to pain, I kid you not..

I can't remember the phone number, but you can find their details here: www.dentalben.com.au

Never had any trouble getting an appointment, and they've always been friendly, FWIW..

Tom

• 3 years later...

Cheers,

Jo x

Not sure how far you are from Southport but Dr Mark Taylor at Australia Fair Dental is wonderful. ( and he is a Pom!!) . I have been seeing him for years now, from regular clean to big jobs like root canal and crown. He is so gentle, so professional and will explain to you every little thing he does to your teeth + you get your share of laughs between drills and suction tubes. My mother-in-law was told by one dentist that she would have to get all her teeth removed but after 10 years, thanks to Dr Taylor and the hygienist Susan, she still has all her teeth.

Their phone number is (07) 5591 2661

Archived