Swimming pool

Metoo

• 1 month later...

I will take some daylight shots tomorrow.

We have some new plans For the surrounds.  All along the right hand side of the deck there will be a pond with lillies and goldfish.  It will have some kind of water feature and will be lit up at night.

here is a pond that we built a few months ago so similar to this only longer. 

AA99581C-3B9F-47B7-94BF-55B79B589238.jpeg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ramot said:

If you have half as much fun around your pool as we have, you will never regret building it.

It’s taken all our time (and money lol) for the past 6 months.  It was very hard work and quite scary at times, especially when the roof went on. But, summer is before us now and we can sit back and enjoy it.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Conyo2588 said:

I’ve only just starting reading this post and the progress you’ve made is amazing. It looks lovely...not jealous one bit 😊 x

Thank you @Conyo2588, 

when we arrived in Australia almost 5 years ago, we had no idea where we would end up.  As it happens, we have moved 3 times (including moving states)

We are happy now here in Queensland, even with all the covid uncertainty, life is good.  This is where we will stay, in fact, if we didn’t have family back in the UK I wouldn’t care if we never went back again. 

I wish you luck in your visa journey and I hope you find your happy place in this amazing country.  Anything is possible if you work hard and keep your eye on the ball.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 04/02/2021 at 23:17, Metoo said:

@Rallyman how is your pool coming along

(sorry, I only just saw your post)

Got the shell concreted 3 weeks ago after original Concreter let us down the night before he was going to to it. 
Getting on with some retaining walls while concrete cures (6 weeks in total) then render and tile . 

That’s a shame about the concreter, I have heard that there is a shortage of concrete at the moment.  I think with the travel ban, everyone is having work cone on their homes and concrete is in big demand.

It must be very hard building your walls in the summer heat, but, just imagine, once the water is in the pool you can jump in any time and cool off, bliss

Whenever we are working in the garden, our reward is always a cool drink and a dip in the pool at the end.

On 09/02/2021 at 08:29, Metoo said:

That’s a shame about the concreter, I have heard that there is a shortage of concrete at the moment.  I think with the travel ban, everyone is having work cone on their homes and concrete is in big demand.

It must be very hard building your walls in the summer heat, but, just imagine, once the water is in the pool you can jump in any time and cool off, bliss

Whenever we are working in the garden, our reward is always a cool drink and a dip in the pool at the end.

Yes that’s what we are focusing on , it’s been very mild heat wise this summer compared to previous years, 

Will post some photos when it’s finished 

• Like 1

On 10/02/2021 at 20:24, Rallyman said:

Yes that’s what we are focusing on , it’s been very mild heat wise this summer compared to previous years, 

Will post some photos when it’s finished 

Great, will look forward to seeing what you have done.