Swimming pool

Metoo

On ‎07‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 04:59, Gbye grey sky said:

I need to start the ball rolling on citizenship especially as my British passport expires in 2020 and I am not intending to renew it.  Can’t see the point in paying for two passports.

Off topic, but don't let go of British passport, easier to renew than start all over again.

Metoo, love the pool. Will you need fencing?

10 minutes ago, Melbpom said:

Off topic, but don't let go of British passport, easier to renew than start all over again.

Metoo, love the pool. Will you need fencing?

Thanks @Melbpom, yes we are having frameless glass fencing and a sunbathing area along the sides and the beach end.

The other end will be a gazebo with a BBQ and kitchen area. The whole pool will be surrounded by tropical, jungle like plants.

we are also having an enormous sun brolly to shade the shallow end.

also, we will be keeping our British passports up to date and our driving licences. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, calNgary said:

Keep the pics coming, i cannot wait to see it finished. Putting  a pool in was the first thing we did when bought our house , you certainly won't regret it .

Cal x

Thanks Cal, I remember years ago watching your “wanted Down Under” catch up episode on the telly. 

We saw your lovely big pool and thought how lovely that would be. Finally, we are getting our own 😀

i will keep updating this thread until the job is done. The builders have said that we will be using it before Christmas but some of the landscaping may take till after new year.

Best Christmas present ever xx 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update

The tiles are now on around the rim and the electrics and pipes are all in place.

Big day tomorrow, the colour will be applied and it will be mixed with something called “sparkles” which is like a glitter. When the sun catches it, or the pool lights, it will sparkle. This is an extra that you can opt for and is quit expensive.

We are having colour changing lights which are on a remote control so we can have some fun with it (-: 

I will post some more pics when the colour has been added.

3568E3DB-8AA0-4CAF-A2B2-20FC26C67CD2.jpeg

A636A642-E917-42A4-A037-EB598E8C5A9C.jpeg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JetBlast said:

Coming along now! I am just wondering how much it cost please? You don't have to say if you don't want to 🙂

I will give a ball park figure when I total it all up.

The extras are costing a lot because we are having frameless glass fencing and  upgraded filters and stuff.

The big brolly will cost $5000 because it is sunk 1 mt into the ground on a big steel frame and it’s hurricane proof.

We haven’t had the invoices in yet from the electrician and then the concrete guy who will do the surrounding sunbathing areas.

Here is the work so far today

572D97D6-250E-4D6D-879A-8ED2D23F7755.jpeg

589FD869-8A5C-4EBC-8CA0-0961D4B2EAB0.jpeg

• Like 1

Well, we are almost there. We swam last night for the first time and again this morning.

As you can see, we still have temporary fencing in place and there is a boarder of messy sandy dirt all around the pool.

The concrete guy comes tomorrow to measure up how much and where we want it, also the fencing team will be here to measure up. The big umbrella will arrive this week some time once the concrete is down.

After Christmas we will concentrate on landscaping. We are having a mini retaining wall across the back to stop any heavy rain coming down the paddock and pouring into the pool.

Very happy with it so far 

• Like 2