TSS Visa sponsorship while already in role!

shaunabaz

Afternoon!

I was hoping someone would be able to help!

I am currently on a working holiday visa (from the UK) that expires on the 23rd December. After working with my current company for the last 4 months they have decided to offer me sponsorship as a Conference and Event Organiser.

They are a small not for profit company and do not have the resource to manage the application process and have tasked me with this. I have all the details for them to become a Sponsor, however am at a sticking point with the nomination part...As i have been in the role for more than the newly required 4 months of having advertised the role, my manager has advised that they do not want to artificially re-advertise the position (morally and reputationally). The only option is if they advertised it with a start date being if my visa expires. They did recently advertise for another role that has similar job requirements as mine, but with a different title.

Therefore my questions are:

1. Is there any rules around being in a role already? When they recruited me they have evidence they could not find an Australian worker to do it

2. Can they do a prospective start date?

My other option would be to apply for a Partner Visa (my partner is Australian), and although that initial cost is expensive, I feel like it may outweigh these costs after VETASSESS (I believe i need this but again unsure?!) etc.

Any help/advise/relevant experiences from anyone would be much appreciated!!!

I can't imagine why you would go for sponsorship - which will give you only a temporary visa, with no guarantee of extension - when you have the opportunity to apply for a partner visa.

If you apply for the partner visa, you will go onto a bridging visa which allows you to work, so that's no problem.

Very few employers have the resources to apply for sponsorship. That's why most employers engage an agent to handle the process for them. The employee is not allowed to do the work on their behalf.

16 hours ago, shaunabaz said:

Afternoon!

I was hoping someone would be able to help!

I am currently on a working holiday visa (from the UK) that expires on the 23rd December. After working with my current company for the last 4 months they have decided to offer me sponsorship as a Conference and Event Organiser.

They are a small not for profit company and do not have the resource to manage the application process and have tasked me with this. I have all the details for them to become a Sponsor, however am at a sticking point with the nomination part...As i have been in the role for more than the newly required 4 months of having advertised the role, my manager has advised that they do not want to artificially re-advertise the position (morally and reputationally). The only option is if they advertised it with a start date being if my visa expires. They did recently advertise for another role that has similar job requirements as mine, but with a different title.

Therefore my questions are:

1. Is there any rules around being in a role already? When they recruited me they have evidence they could not find an Australian worker to do it

2. Can they do a prospective start date?

My other option would be to apply for a Partner Visa (my partner is Australian), and although that initial cost is expensive, I feel like it may outweigh these costs after VETASSESS (I believe i need this but again unsure?!) etc.

Any help/advise/relevant experiences from anyone would be much appreciated!!!

Unless exemptions apply to your situation, the employer will need to meet Labour Market Testing requirements before lodging the nomination, irrespective of their moral objections.

They will need to have some resources. As an absolute minimum they will be up for over $3,000 in Government lodgement and training levy fees for the sponsorship and nomination. They cannot pass these costs onto you. 

The process has become much more complex and the training levy is not refundable if the nomination is refused. Professional advice is highly recommended.