refrigeration context gap training

Bristol_born

Hi Everyone,

Im going to be moving to Brisbane next year with my girlfriend as her family are from there and I also really enjoyed the city. I can get the partner visa as we have been together for 7 years and can prove our relationship.

The only thing im worried about is getting my refrigeration engineer skills and qualifications accepted over there. Ive been told that i need to apply for an OTSR from an approved trades recognition service. After following all the links on the websites i was given by the Trades Recognition Australia I was sent to the website of Vetassess. But when I got in contact with the australian refrigeration council they told me that they dont accept OTSR from Vetassess as qualifications.

So my question to anyone out there is this. Has anyone else had experience of getting their skills recognised before they enter Australia but not for needing it as part of their visa application? Also can anyone tell me what is the correct process for getting their qualifications and skills transferred over in refrigeration? And finally has anyone had any experience in the context gap training that i have been told i will have to do when i get there?

I find it hard to believe that for a country almost entirely made up of immigrants its so difficult to get your previous qualifications accepted.

Thanks in advance for any light you can shine on this subject 🙂