A Box In Someone Else's Container?

JetBlast

Hello,

I am still a while off going (I haven't got my 489 granted yet but have been approved by SA).

I currently live at home so don't have many belongings so I plan to travel light with a few cases on the plane.

I do however have some computer equipment (switches for anyone interested) that I use every few years to practise on for the exam to renew my Cisco certification.

I am thinking of trying to find someone who is sending a container to Brisbane or Adelaide and seeing if I can put a box in theirs. I would compensate them of course. I know people share containers but would customs (or anyone else) find it acceptable for me to place a single box on someone elses container please?

Many thanks

Edited by JetBlast

They don't make a private arrangement with each other.  The shipping company arranges each one separately and gets separate declarations from each customer. 

Seven Seas sends boxes.

https://www.sevenseasworldwide.com

Thanks - is there a way to do it but without having a while container please? I guess the same could be replicated with 2 separate declarations?

1 hour ago, JetBlast said:

Thanks - is there a way to do it but without having a while container please? I guess the same could be replicated with 2 separate declarations?

The shipping company will require the person who books the job to make the declaration for the whole consignment. Which means you have to find someone willing to declare on your behalf. I can imagine a friend doing that for you, but I can't imagine any stranger being willing to do so.

Edited by Marisawright

Probably much cheaper, easier  and quicker to send with move cube as it would be collected from your home and delivered to your door.

Putting a box in someone elses container, you would have to get the box to the container, contribute to shipping, insure your box and it's contents . You would need the separate declaration for customs .. (don't know how much this would cost you),  in case your box was inspected and you needed to be contacted with regard to it being treated/destroyed if it didn't pass customs.  You would need to wait for the whole container to pass customs in order to then access your box.