Required - Holiday Stay in January 19 - BRISBANE

Catherine

At the moment this is just being pencilled in and not confirmed yet.  The plan is I will come to Brisbane in January for a week (or 2) to browse the different areas, get a feel for the city, maybe even check out what senior schools are like.  My husband and daughter will remain in UK while I make the decisions for them.  I will be looking for a rental for around 6 months until we buy somewhere in the suburbs of Brisbane.

Rather than just stay in a hotel I would prefer to board with a real family - non smoking due to my health reasons in January 2019.

Would anyone be willing to put one adult up for a week or 2 in their home?  I am quiet and tidy and like to sleep around 9pm. 

Main requirements are a good mattress on the bed and an internet connection.

Thanks

I like to think I am "young and fit" who in the past has struggled through working after not going to bed. However I always succumb to jet lag when I got to Australia. Not many can fight it.

It is ways much better when going East to West so not bad on the return trip to the UK.

Vritually every property that's for rent in Australia is listed on domain.com.au and realestate.com.au.    No one advertises in the newspapers any more. Spend the week before your visit hunting through those websites for suitable properties, and make a shortlist.

You'll find they are all "open for inspection" on a Saturday.  They'll be open for 15 to 30 minutes.  If you are lucky, some may have a second inspection time on a weekday, again for 15 to 30 minutes.  It's hard to persuade agents to give you personal inspections at other times.  

The result is that although you might visit for a week, in reality that gives you only one day (Saturday) to look for a rental place, and you will have to plan your day like a military operation, to get from one inspection to another. 

It's such a tall order, most people don't even attempt it.  The normal process for new arrivals is to book into an AirBnB, holiday let or even a caravan park for a month when they first arrive, and look for a rental from there.