Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!


Child visa 101

Recommended Posts


i have applied for my child’s 101 visa from the UK, where we currently live. Mine and my husband’s PR visa expires at the end of February 2019 so we plan to move before then. Can I take my son on a holiday visa whilst waiting for his full visa to be granted? As it’s an off shore application will he need to exit the country to be granted the visa? And what happens if his holiday visa expires before his other visa is granted?

many thanks for any answers!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you take advice about including your child on the original application, or applying onshore for a child visa?

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, no I didn’t. We didn’t have our son when we were originally granted the visa so that wasn’t an option. I couldn’t wait to be onshore to lodge the application as wasn’t 100% when or if we were going. I needed to apply whilst my husband and I were still residents. Hope that makes sense!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can request that the processing of your son's 101 visa be expedited as you need to enter Australia by the date on your visa grant. DHA are usually pretty efficient in these cases. Otherwise your son's ETA can be extended in Australia to allow him to stay more than 3 months (up to 12), but he will need to leave Australia for visa grant.

Lisa De Leon - Registered Migration Agent MARN 1170616



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now