HAP ID for newborn after adding to 189 application

SarahL

Our newborn was added to our 189 application after submission. However the CO failed to add the newborn to the medicals page and has not sent a request for the newborn medical with HAP ID. We emailed to request the HAP ID and presumably we just have to wait now, or am I missing something? Would like to get them booked up so we can move forward with our visa! Thanks 

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Chef.pande said:

Seems like child born in Australia does not need medical, as you are on a visa so Hospital will administer all the vaccination & update report to medicare ! Hope you added your new born to Interm Medicare.

its for 186

We are not in Australia and don’t have our visa yet so our newborn needs to complete a medical. 🙂

• 2 months later...
On 30/10/2018 at 14:57, SarahL said:

Our newborn was added to our 189 application after submission. However the CO failed to add the newborn to the medicals page and has not sent a request for the newborn medical with HAP ID. We emailed to request the HAP ID and presumably we just have to wait now, or am I missing something? Would like to get them booked up so we can move forward with our visa! Thanks 

Hello have the medical been done, if yes how long did it finally take for them to provide the HAP id and did u contact them for that. Because am in the same situation.

9 hours ago, Laurel said:

Hello have the medical been done, if yes how long did it finally take for them to provide the HAP id and did u contact them for that. Because am in the same situation.

They replied with the HAP ID in early December, about two months after I emailed them. We completed the medicals just before Christmas so now just waiting for the visa grant!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/01/2019 at 08:11, SarahL said:

They replied with the HAP ID in early December, about two months after I emailed them. We completed the medicals just before Christmas so now just waiting for the visa grant!

I was just wondering if you got the response and your visa is granted already? 

Just now, SarahL said:

Yes we received our visa grant last week, 6th February. 😊

Many congratulations. Do you mind sharing me what happened in the medical examination?

Did you do in the BUPA centre like for the adult or you can do anywhere?

Did they check for the vaccination history as well? I am afraid because I am avoiding to have any vaccination to my baby. 

What happened in the medical centre? What is the cost of medical?

5 hours ago, ayus123 said:

Many congratulations. Do you mind sharing me what happened in the medical examination?

Did you do in the BUPA centre like for the adult or you can do anywhere?

Did they check for the vaccination history as well? I am afraid because I am avoiding to have any vaccination to my baby. 

What happened in the medical centre? What is the cost of medical?

The medical for the our children (toddler and baby) just involved a physical exam. The doctor felt their tummies and backs, looked in their ears and mouths and then measured their height and weight. No X-ray, urine or blood test but I believe children from some countries do require a blood test. 

Yes it has to be a panel physician so the same place you have the adult medicals. They will be able to tell you the cost as that is dependent on where you have it done. 

Unless a medical professional has told you not to vaccinate your baby I would urge you to do some serious research on the matter. It’s important that you are aware of the implications of your baby catching any of those life altering/ending diseases and whether you think it’s worth taking the risk. Added to that, the Australian government do not look kindly on those that choose not to vaccinate and withhold some benefits and restrict access to childcare and education during the event of an outbreak.

I am not judging you, trying to make the right choices for your child can be hard but in this case I hope you think long and hard about this as it could potentially impact your child for the rest of their lives. 

Good luck with the visa process 😊

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I am in same situation

Got the ack from CO that baby has been added. But the citizenship for baby was not correct. uploaded form 1023 with correction.

Waiting for CO to ack the 1023 update and HAP id for baby. (its been 1 month already) anything we can do to check.

in case we need to mail which mail id we need to use. gsm.allocated -- seems that is auto e-mail nobody looks at it.

8 hours ago, curious_abt85 said:

Hi,

I am in same situation

Got the ack from CO that baby has been added. But the citizenship for baby was not correct. uploaded form 1023 with correction.

Waiting for CO to ack the 1023 update and HAP id for baby. (its been 1 month already) anything we can do to check.

in case we need to mail which mail id we need to use. gsm.allocated -- seems that is auto e-mail nobody looks at it.

I don’t think anything we did made them respond any faster. Unfortunately you just have to wait! Have you uploaded a copy of the babies passport as they need that for the HAPID.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Sarah,
While completing the medicals for the baby, did you confirm the completion of the medicals by pressing the button “I confirm I have provided information as requested” in the attach documents section? I missed to click that, I am just wondering if that would make any difference.