Banking.

Kenneth Wragg

Hello:

Can anyone tell me what Westpac will charge to receive a International Money Order for around Aus$375K from the U.K. I have tried to set up a account with Westpac from the U.K. for Australia but I cannot give them a mobile telephone number anyone with any ideas I would be grateful to receive.

Thank you all for the advice and help to date.

K.G.W.

9 hours ago, Kenneth Wragg said:

Marisa:

i have already set up Moneycorp account up on your previous advice, but just wanted to know what Westpac would charge on a international Bank Transfer. Would Westpac charge a receiving amount if the money was transferred through Moneycorp?

K.G.W.

No, they don't charge anything at all if the money is received from Moneycorp - and Moneycorp won't charge you any fees either..  They will charge if you pay it in using a cheque, bank draft or money order. 

Edited by Marisawright

Guest Carol from Vista Financial

Hi KGW

Some Aus banks allow you to open accounts here with overseas contact details (i.e. mobile numbers and addresses) so you can transfer money in... just read the fine print as often you can't withdraw anything out until you have been identified either at a branch here when you arrive, or at their overseas branch (if they have one near you). As for fees do also check with your outgoing bank too of course and confirm the time frame.

Cheers

Carol