Winter clothes to take or not

Angiemol

Hi.  I am moving to Melbourne from Uk  next month . Just wondering is it worth buying jackets for kids because I heard from people that you might need your jacket in winter . Is that correct ?or do I bring only Hoodies or jumpers ?  Please share your thoughts ., kids are aged 8 and 11 .. thanks Angie 

Edited by Angiemol

2 hours ago, Angiemol said:

Hi.  I am moving to Melbourne from Uk  next month . Just wondering is it worth buying jackets for kids because I heard from people that you might need your jacket in winter . Is that correct ?or do I bring only Hoodies or jumpers ?  Please share your thoughts ., kids are aged 8 and 11 .. thanks Angie 

Of course you will need jackets/coats in winter.....but they sell them in shops in Melbourne.  You wouldn’t need a jacket for the next 6 months so why buy them now when the kids will have grown between now and then.  If you already own them, then bring them.

Reminds me of a work trip I did 10 years ago with an Indian Guy to Geelong in July. He didn't take ANY trousers or long sleeves let alone a jacket. Only thing he had to cover legs/arms was his boiler suit 🙂

He quickly found Target and a use for his travel money