You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

reetgill

190 visa

Home affairs website says 7-8 months processing time.  I assume that's after invitation.

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

We applied for the 190 VISA with my husband as the primary applicant but also claiming points for my skills. We applied for Queensland on Wednesday (24/10/18) got an email from Queensland migration to send some documents for nomination the next morning (25/10/18). We have gathered them and will send them on Monday. Hoping to get a nomination message from the DHA soon. What's yours?

Are you using an MA or you're doing it yourself? 

I went on to their website BSMQ and found a CO there. She helped me locate where the EOI process was. She indicated that when submitting an EOI choose QLD instead of ANY and if you did that rather delete it and create another one. This is because when a person updates their EOI they can't pick up the changes unless they resubmit. I did so the same day then a few hours later emailed her details of the new EOI and that is why we got an email for nomination in less than 24hours. I would suggest you contact someone that side like we did. It helped a lot. There is a migration email you get on their webpage and then you get assigned a CO who communicates with you and guides you through the process. 

i got nomination from NSW , within 3 days after submitting documents, i applied visa applications 18 oct 2018, 

1 hour ago, reetgill said:

i got nomination from NSW , within 3 days after submitting documents, i applied visa applications 18 oct 2018, 

I hope they contact you soon. 

17 minutes ago, reetgill said:

yes , what is yours occupation 

Hey Reet, what is your occupation and points break down

Husband is the main applicant but also claiming my points. He is a vet and I am a social worker 

43 minutes ago, reetgill said:

36 minutes ago, reetgill said:

motor mechanic by my husband 

Okay, good luck with your application. I submitted mine for nsw 190, occupation chef with 60+5 ss points.

18 hours ago, reetgill said:

motor mechanic by my husband 

Plenty of work for him over here if it comes through...

Best of luck.

ATN

190 State Nomination (65 + 5 = 70 pts) | Primary Teacher - that's the main applicant, not me, I'm the other half, a Photographer | AITSL Skills Assessment submitted 10 04 '16 | Successful AITSL Skills Assessment 10 06 '16 | 'Recce to Mellie' August 2016 | IELTS result 27 08 '16 (Av. 8.5) | State Nomination Application lodged 31 08 '16 | State Teaching Registration approved 23 12 '16 | State Nomination approved 23 01 '16 | EOI lodged 13 05 '17 | Invitation to apply received 15 05 '17 | Visa application lodged 03 07 '17 | CO allocated, medicals requested 24 07 '17 | Medicals completed 31 08 '17 | OMG! Visa Grant 28 09 '17 - we're Aussie Residents!!! Wahoo! | Arrived from Ireland to Australia (S.E. Melbourne) 30 12 '17....ahhhhh

On 28/10/2018 at 21:05, kala1178 said:

I submitted my 190 visa application for Queensland 4/9/18. Waiting for contact

Hi hope you are well. My 190 visa application for Victoria was submitted on 4/9/18 with form 80, and we have heard nothing as yet it’s been about 9 weeks. Only thing we didn’t submit was HC and PC.

how are you getting on now.?

On 29 October 2018 at 13:44, reetgill said:

My husband is the primary applicant. He is a vet and I'm a social worker. He is claiming my points as well. What's yours? 

21 hours ago, WizardofOz2018 said:

Hi hope you are well. My 190 visa application for Victoria was submitted on 4/9/18 with form 80, and we have heard nothing as yet it’s been about 9 weeks. Only thing we didn’t submit was HC and PC.

how are you getting on now.?

Some people have advised to submit your documents ASAP. I am assuming that it would make it easier for the CO when your file is worked on. At least they won't have to ask for the documents then wait for submission then wait again to process them. Have you prepared the documents? 

I submitted everything at the same time. I had already completed my hc and pc. My form 80 was also submitted 

Hi,
Ours both seem to be very similar timeframes. We submitted visas 19th October for 190 NSW. Just considering doing medicals, police check, form 80 ect before we get contact. Keep us posted :)

I’m a nurse and I will update as soon as I here anything. 

Edited by kala1178

On 10/11/2018 at 17:41, Rampa said:

Some people have advised to submit your documents ASAP. I am assuming that it would make it easier for the CO when your file is worked on. At least they won't have to ask for the documents then wait for submission then wait again to process them. Have you prepared the documents? 

We have a migration agent so they will tell us when CO makes contact. We are ready to do HC and PC when needed. We sent form 80 for both of us with visa application. 

Its a long waiting process. 

Hi,
Ours both seem to be very similar timeframes. We submitted visas 19th October for 190 NSW. Just considering doing medicals, police check, form 80 ect before we get contact. Keep us posted :)

My partner is main applicant, occupation is plumber
  • Thanks 1

On 11 November 2018 at 23:43, kala1178 said:

I submitted everything at the same time. I had already completed my hc and pc. My form 80 was also submitted 

That's great. I hope everything goes well