Student visa subsequent entrance visa refusal

Kanis

Hi all,

I am student  visa holder who got married before granted the visa for me means i married in between visa grant date and lodge date 

then my wife applied for student subsequent entrant visa what recently got refused by mentioning I have not informed the department about my marriage at that time and therefore my wife can not be include as a family unit of me under 500.311 rule violation.

But i Have updated about our marriage and inform department to update my marital status before my  wifes' visa going to be make,but they refused 

what to do next reapply or any other options ?

Thanks

4 minutes ago, Kanis said:

Hi all,

I am student  visa holder who got married before granted the visa for me means i married in between visa grant date and lodge date 

then my wife applied for student subsequent entrant visa what recently got refused by mentioning I have not informed the department about my marriage at that time and therefore my wife can not be include as a family unit of me under 500.311 rule violation.

But i Have updated about our marriage and inform department to update my marital status before my  wifes' visa going to be make,but they refused 

what to do next reapply or any other options ?

Thanks

Did you tell them when you lodged of your intention to marry/were in a relationship?

refusal letter mentioned like this,

" however, the primary student who is now your spouse had not informed the department in writing of your
marriage though it had taken place prior to the grant of her visa. As such, I am unable to be
satisfied that you meet the requirement as a member of the family unit under clause 500.311
(ii)(b) of schedule 2 in the migration regulations.

As clause 500.311 is not met by the applicant, I find the criteria for the grant of Student
(Subsequent Entrant) visa are not met by the applicant. Therefore, I refuse the application by
the applicant for Student (Subsequent Entrant) visa. "

Regards

Kanis

14 minutes ago, Kanis said:

yes my wife has submitted full relationship story with her visa

Did you tell them when you lodged your application? You got married between lodgement and granted so you must have known when you lodged you were getting married. Did you tell them prior to visa granted that you had married? They've said you didn't inform them in writing that you had married prior to grant, it's a requirement to tell them if there has been a change in your circumstances.  Have you got evidence that you informed them you got married before your visa was granted?  

Edited by Tulip1

No . the this is one of agent has lodged my visa behalf of me. He did not inform also I was not aware what has to done?

It was not just a well planned marriage, its only a Registration of marriage like as engagement what had not well planned 

Our parents wanted to us get engaged before I was going to leave from country thats' why It has done like wise as suddenly.

2 hours ago, Kanis said:

No . the this is one of agent has lodged my visa behalf of me. He did not inform also I was not aware what has to done?

It was not just a well planned marriage, its only a Registration of marriage like as engagement what had not well planned 

Our parents wanted to us get engaged before I was going to leave from country thats' why It has done like wise as suddenly.

It doesn't matter how quickly it was done. It was your responsibility to notify the Department - or to notify your agent who would then notify the Department, Any change of circumstance during processing, and even after grant but before validation, MUST be notified to the Department.

1 hour ago, Kanis said:

After granting my visa I have informed to the department by sending an E mail to update my marital status with marriage certificat,but Its 5 months later .

also its prior to my wifes' visa.

Sounds like you've done it far too late and it's come back to bite you. As you've mentioned you have an agent you should be asking them if anything can be done about the refusal. They are the experts, this is a forum of helpful people but you have an agent, speak to them as it's clear from what you said you didn't adhere to the terms and conditions of your visa application which in turn could invalidate it 

Edited by Tulip1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...