Working in Australia on a 457 visa and want to apply for PR 189 (PT) visa...

JennW1303

We've been living and working in Australia for the last 3 years on a 457 visa and are looking into the possibility of applying for PR.

We are both over 45 years of age and I'm seeking advice whether there is any point applying for the 189 visa given our age even though we have a current 457 visa.  It looks to me like there is an exemption to age for the 186/187 employer sponsored PR visa as long as under 50 (which we are) because we have been living and working in Australia for the past 3 years but I don't think that exemption applies to the 189.  Can anyone advise?

Thanks!

On 18/10/2018 at 13:29, JennW1303 said:

We've been living and working in Australia for the last 3 years on a 457 visa and are looking into the possibility of applying for PR.

We are both over 45 years of age and I'm seeking advice whether there is any point applying for the 189 visa given our age even though we have a current 457 visa.  It looks to me like there is an exemption to age for the 186/187 employer sponsored PR visa as long as under 50 (which we are) because we have been living and working in Australia for the past 3 years but I don't think that exemption applies to the 189.  Can anyone advise?

Thanks!

For the 186 there are age exemptions under transitional arrangements and for high income earners. There are no exemptions for the 189.