Tourist Visa Question

path2aus

I have a quick question. My brother-in-law is filling up the Visitor visa 600 application online. He is planning to visit us in December for probably 2-3 weeks max. He lives in Canada. My in-law's will be visiting me as well in November but they will be coming here from India. So we are planning to have a get together here in Australia. 

There is a question which say "Are there any non-travelling members of the family who is not an Australian Citizen or Permanent resident". My Brother-in-law and his parents aren't going to travel together but by the time he travels, his parents (My in-laws) will already be in Australia. What should he answer to this question? The logical answer will be Yes because they are not travelling with him but again since they are already in Australia, saying they aren't travelling isn't true as well.

Can someone give some insight about the same please? The question asks him to name the non-travelling members, which would mean he has to name his parents but they will already be in Australia when he travels, so he would not be able to do that.

Any insight will be helpful from the experienced members or the agents on this forum.