190 Visa processing time

Hi Everyone,

We have just submitted the final part of our visa. Waiting for them to contact us for police checks/medical. Does anyone know the average time to be granted the Visa?

Home Affairs says 6-8 months but I wasn't sure if this was the average time from the start of the visa application (putting in an EOI, before being invited/nominated etc) or is this how long it takes from the your final application once you have been invited and paid the government fee?

Thanks

Lucy

4 hours ago, Lucy Colenutt said:

Hi Everyone,

We have just submitted the final part of our visa. Waiting for them to contact us for police checks/medical. Does anyone know the average time to be granted the Visa?

Home Affairs says 6-8 months but I wasn't sure if this was the average time from the start of the visa application (putting in an EOI, before being invited/nominated etc) or is this how long it takes from the your final application once you have been invited and paid the government fee?

Thanks

Lucy

Hi Lucy! 

Don't wait for a CO to contact you to request medicals and police checks As this will cause a delay ... We know these need to be provided so crack on with that asap and get everything attached to your final application. Also do the form 80!!

Attaching all of the above means that when a CO reviews your file there shouldnt be any additional info required and you could get a direct grant. 

Otherwise youre waiting 100+ days for a CO to contact you for docs you already know you need and thus adding another 100+ (potentially) days to the processing of your application. 

We attached everything to our final application and got a direct grant after 111 days (As in we submitted our final application, then did medicals and request police checks straight away and as soon as paperwork for these were back to us we attached those against our final application alongside a completed form 80; meaning on day 111 when a CO looked at our case they didn't need to ask for anything else and gave us a DG). 

Hope this helps! Good luck xx

Edited by LauraHol89
  • Like 1

Thanks for the advice! Our visa agent has already submitted our application and we have paid the fee, they said they will contact us for medical/police checks..so do you think we should just do these ourselves and then forward these onto our migration agent?

I noticed from other posts that your husband is a diesel mechanic (same as my partner) so hopefully we will get a quick turn around like yourselves 🙂

xx

Just now, Lucy Colenutt said:

Thanks for the advice! Our visa agent has already submitted our application and we have paid the fee, they said they will contact us for medical/police checks..so do you think we should just do these ourselves and then forward these onto our migration agent?

I noticed from other posts that your husband is a diesel mechanic (same as my partner) so hopefully we will get a quick turn around like yourselves 🙂

xx

Yes 1000000% get the ball rolling with everything else! 

We had an agent too and as soon as he submitted our final application he provided us with the reference needed to book a medical assessment so we could get that booked. So you'll need to ask your agent for this. 

If you're wanting a quick turnaround then there really is no point at all waiting for a CO to contact you for docs you already know you need because that just adds to your day count for a grant. 

Once your visa is granted you will have 12 months to enter from either the date of your medical or the date of your police check (which ever is the first .... I think). So bear that in mind too. 

And as you may have seen on other posts, don't avoid the form 80. It's long and boring but COs seem to be asking for these so just do it lol. 

Yes that's right he is! Best of luck to you. Have you applied to NSW?  Xxx

Ahh ok great, I will drop them an email for our reference.

That's good to know, I thought it was 12 months from when the visa was actually granted rather than the date of our medical/police checks.

We have already done form 80. this was before we submitted our application. Seems as through all migration agents must work in a different order.

Yes we have applied for NSW 🙂

xx

4 minutes ago, Lucy Colenutt said:

Ahh ok great, I will drop them an email for our reference.

That's good to know, I thought it was 12 months from when the visa was actually granted rather than the date of our medical/police checks.

We have already done form 80. this was before we submitted our application. Seems as through all migration agents must work in a different order.

Yes we have applied for NSW 🙂

xx

I've replied to this but for some reason my reply needs approval? Hmmm. 

Anyway, I said...

Oh good haha (re: form 80). 

It's good to sign up on myimmitracker because you get a predicted grant date but can also see how long other people are waiting for grants and it will help you get an idea of the current processing times. 

Keep us posted on how you get on! Xx

56 minutes ago, LauraHol89 said:

Hi Lucy! 

Don't wait for a CO to contact you to request medicals and police checks As this will cause a delay ... We know these need to be provided so crack on with that asap and get everything attached to your final application. Also do the form 80!!

Attaching all of the above means that when a CO reviews your file there shouldnt be any additional info required and you could get a direct grant. 

Otherwise youre waiting 100+ days for a CO to contact you for docs you already know you need and thus adding another 100+ (potentially) days to the processing of your application. 

We attached everything to our final application and got a direct grant after 111 days (As in we submitted our final application, then did medicals and request police checks straight away and as soon as paperwork for these were back to us we attached those against our final application alongside a completed form 80; meaning on day 111 when a CO looked at our case they didn't need to ask for anything else and gave us a DG). 

Hope this helps! Good luck xx

This is incorrect. People should not do police or medicals before requested. 

The reasons for this are: 1. They are only valid for 12 months. It is easy for something to cause a delay and mean they have to be redone. 2. First entry after grant has to be within 12 months of the police check or medical. Not only can this mean people don't have a lot of time to arrange getting them and family to Oz, but it can even be seriously bad. If the grant was issued 364 days after the medical / police check and you can't get to Oz in 24 hours, the visas are cancelled. 4. It is does not speed up the process by doing early. They just sit in the system until the co  would have dealt with them after requesting them. 

8 minutes ago, VERYSTORMY said:

This is incorrect. People should not do police or medicals before requested. 

The reasons for this are: 1. They are only valid for 12 months. It is easy for something to cause a delay and mean they have to be redone. 2. First entry after grant has to be within 12 months of the police check or medical. Not only can this mean people don't have a lot of time to arrange getting them and family to Oz, but it can even be seriously bad. If the grant was issued 364 days after the medical / police check and you can't get to Oz in 24 hours, the visas are cancelled. 4. It is does not speed up the process by doing early. They just sit in the system until the co  would have dealt with them after requesting them. 

People can do medicals before being requested, just as I and many other people have done in order to receive a direct grant. 

And when I talk of speeding up the process ... I mean this because you can sit for 100+ days and wait to be asked to provide these documents ... then provide them; to then sit back and wait again for a grant. Or; just give them all in the first instance and then you won't be asked for them and are much more likely to get a DG. 

I do agree with the rest you have said with regards to entry date of Aus being 12 months from medicals and I have already stated this in my earlier post. 

I am only giving my advice out based on my own experiences and from what I have seen happen to others on this forum. Ultimately the choice on how to proceed is with the individual applying. 

Thanks 🙂 xx

Edited by LauraHol89

7 minutes ago, LauraHol89 said:

People can do medicals before being requested, just as I and many other people have done in order to receive a direct grant. 

And when I talk of speeding up the process ... I mean this because you can sit for 100+ days and wait to be asked to provide these documents ... then provide them; to then sit back and wait again for a grant. Or; just give them all in the first instance and then you won't be asked for them and are much more likely to get a DG. 

I do agree with the rest you have said with regards to entry date of Aus being 12 months from medicals and I have already stated this in my earlier post. 

I am only giving my advice out based on my own experiences and from what I have seen happen to others on this forum. Ultimately the choice on how to proceed is with the individual applying. 

Thanks 🙂 xx

Yes, people CAN do them early, but, it does not speed up the process / cause a delay by doing when requested. But does run the risks mentioned above. 

This is based on my experience of three visas, then citizenship, 11 years on the forum, 5 of which as moderator. 

Hi,

We front loaded as we had to get a police check from Korea that our agent hadn't done before. When that check came back very quickly we were advised to do the rest as our date for entry would be 12 months from the Korean check. Anyway our grant came through just over 3 months from the application so it wasn't too bad for us. 

I guess it's your choice to front load or not and I wouldn't want to tell you what to do but I was happy to share our experience.