Uk State Pension

Jord

Hello Jord

Possibly, firstly you need to obtain a pension forecast, you can do this online if you have an in date UK passport, if not then it's snail mail unfortunately, details here: https://www.gov.uk/check-state-pension

Once you get this you can apply to pay class 2 by completing an application which will then be assessed to see if you are eligible however be quick as these are to be abolished soon: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/social-security-abroad-ni38

Regards

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Andy, 

I wondered if you could help me. My mum is 63 and retired in the Uk, she is coming to Australia for 12 months in December and I wondered if this will affect her UK state pension and NI? Also if she moved more permanently in future would she be able to claim her State Pension here? 

Many thanks,

Hayley

12 hours ago, TeacherOzBound said:

Hi Andy, 

I wondered if you could help me. My mum is 63 and retired in the Uk, she is coming to Australia for 12 months in December and I wondered if this will affect her UK state pension and NI? Also if she moved more permanently in future would she be able to claim her State Pension here? 

Many thanks,

Hayley

She'll be able to claim her UK state pension here but it will  be frozen at the payment she was receiving when she left the UK

14 hours ago, Fisher1 said:

She'll be able to claim her UK state pension here but it will  be frozen at the payment she was receiving when she left the UK

You must inform the pensions department of your travel dates.

Also if she returns to UK after the 12 months it will stop being frozen and will increase to the amount she would be eligible to as if she hadn’t left. Hope that makes sense. You have to inform the pension department.

Our example, pension we receive was frozen 15 years ago when we moved to Australia. 

We return to UK every year for about 3 months. The amount we receive when back in UK is increased to the amount had we never left.

On returning to Oz it reverts back to the original frozen amount.

We always have it paid into our UK bank account. The pension department adjusts the amount paid.

We make sure we claim every penny! 

• Like 1