Areas North of Brisbane

Gypsie24

• 1 month later...

Hi 

These areas are fabulous for families. I live in a suburb close by. Michelton and Keperra are on the train line which is a huge advantage. All three have good shopping centres. 

Of the three, Mitchelton is more expensive to buy but has better quality of housing, shopping centre, coffee shops and closer to the centre. I would chose this over the other two areas, but I have friends in all 3 suburbs and all love the respective locations. 

If you are looking in those areas I would also consider Ferny Grove and Ferny Hills. Excellent station at Ferny Grove and end of the line so you always get a seat on a morning. Ferny Grove State School has a good reputation. It is a large school but I understand that it is a good supportive environment. 

Ferny Hills has access to the shopping centres, train line and a fabulous with heaps of free events put on for families. Within walking distance of Ferny Grove State School.