Temporary 3/6/9 Month House Swap: Melbourne (3192) with Sussex

DaisyDaydreamer

I have a lovely 3 bedroom home in the leafy, by-the-sea suburb of Cheltenham, South East of Melbourne. My home is in a little cul-de-sac/Court and the kids play in the street. There is a primary school at the end of the road (3 mins walk away), and 3 high schools which are a bike ride away. We have a gate from our property into the adjacent dog park (which is a community all of its own) and 4-5 different playgrounds/parks within a 15 minute walk away.

2 different Shopping centres are a 5-10 min drive away, plus restaurants, cafes, bars. The sea is a 10 min drive away also. It’s amazing.

I’m a single mum and I live with my 7 year old son and we would like to go back to the UK temporarily for 12 months ideally. I need to get to know my nephews and spend some time with my family there...but my heart is here in Melbourne, I love it. I love the events, the lifestyle, the weather, my home and garden, my vege patch and my 2 bunnies! 

But we’re keen to do a temporary “house swap” with a family in Sussex, UK. Dates are flexible, length of swap is flexible...but I’m looking for open and transparent communication for the duration of the swap. 

I figure that there must be someone in the uk that wants to come and give it a go without committing!? And a 12 month house swap gives you an opportunity to dip your toe in, without jumping in. 

I have a 2010 Toyota Yaris...nothing fancy, but  I’m happy for that to be part of the swap. 

You can see my home here:

https://www.lovehomeswap.com/home-exchange/australia/cheltenham-bright-and-sunny-home-close-to-the-beach-and-parks