register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Lauraoco

Applying for a 1445 extension with my employer after submitting Partner visa

Hi, please can somebody help?

I have applied for a partner visa, currently on a working holiday visa and want to apply for an extension to stay with my employer until my BVA kicks in (May '19), could someone please help me with these queries;

• What email address do you send the request too?
  • How long does this request take?
  • I am applying for a full six months - do you think that this would be accepted? 

Please help!

I've never heard of anyone getting an extension on a working holiday visa unless they've done the regional work

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

3 hours ago, Lauraoco said:

Hi, please can somebody help?

I have applied for a partner visa, currently on a working holiday visa and want to apply for an extension to stay with my employer until my BVA kicks in (May '19), could someone please help me with these queries;

• What email address do you send the request too?
  • How long does this request take?
  • I am applying for a full six months - do you think that this would be accepted? 

Please help!

The info you are looking for is actually all in the instructions for the Form 1445: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Forms/Documents/1445.pdf

In summary (if you are on a 417): 

eVisa.WHM.Helpdesk@border.gov.au - Include ‘Employment Extension’ in the subject line of your email.

"A request for an employment extension will only be approved in exceptional circumstances. Where permission is granted, it will generally be for a short period of time (days or weeks, not months). Exceptional circumstances must relate to an Australian permanent resident, citizen or business and must be extraordinary and unforeseeable. Exceptional circumstances might include remaining while a decision is being made on an application for a visa which would allow you to continue full-time work with your employer without leaving Australia, such as an application for a Temporary Business (Long Stay) visa or a Spouse visa."

Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

On 12/10/2018 at 13:44, Marisawright said:

I've never heard of anyone getting an extension on a working holiday visa unless they've done the regional work

It's not an extension of the WHV, it's permission to extend employment with the employer beyond the 6-month limit.

• Like 1

186 ENS Temporary Residence Transition - Granted Dec 2013 :biggrin: