Paperwork for importing Pets

Mel.b

Hi,

I am starting the process of getting the vaccinations etc done to import my dog and cat to Australia. As my animals are in Ireland I'll have to do the paperwork etc myself rather than getting one of the big companies to do it.

I just wanted to check I can't see any specific forms on the Dept of Agriculture website that needs to completed? 

Thanks,

mel

Guest The Pom Queen

Would it be easier to ship to Ireland and then let someone like @BobPetairUK take over. I was going to do this with my boy coming from Hungary last year. 

If you want I can send you the copies of everything we have done so far to get my girl from Serbia in. Fingers crossed she will arrive next month. Although we have currently hit a stumbling block as they need a blood test 14 days before departure and there is no lab in Serbia so they need to be sent to Germany which makes it a 3 week turn around and 600 euros for the privilege. I’m currently chatting with the quarantine vets to see what we can do.

Thanks @The Pom Queen. My cat and dog are in Ireland with my house sitters and I'm in Australia so it's a bit challenging! I may end up shipping them out of the UK as the quotes I have received thus far are cheaper, but I still need to get  all the vet work done in Ireland. I've seen that calculator and I've printed out all the Dept advice on each step for my house sitters to take to the vet. I was more wondering if there was a specific form that the vet needs to fill out once the rabies shots are done (for example), or are the vet records and subsequent blood tests sufficient. If you wouldn't mind PMing me what you have done that would be great 🙂

Guest The Pom Queen

Here is your RNATT form which will need completing once you have your results back.

http://www.agriculture.gov.au/SiteCollectionDocuments/aqis/importing/animals/cats-dogs/elodgementattachments/rnatdec.pdf

You will need these before you apply for an import permit. Once you get your import permit it will also include your final health check form that will need completing.

Guest The Pom Queen
1 hour ago, Mel.b said:

Thanks @The Pom Queen. My cat and dog are in Ireland with my house sitters and I'm in Australia so it's a bit challenging! I may end up shipping them out of the UK as the quotes I have received thus far are cheaper, but I still need to get  all the vet work done in Ireland. I've seen that calculator and I've printed out all the Dept advice on each step for my house sitters to take to the vet. I was more wondering if there was a specific form that the vet needs to fill out once the rabies shots are done (for example), or are the vet records and subsequent blood tests sufficient. If you wouldn't mind PMing me what you have done that would be great 🙂

When you have your rabies test done you will have a lab report

Ive cropped it and removed personal details but it will look like this

E31593A0-F4AB-4237-9A09-C380895FE454.jpeg

You will also have your rabies vaccination card

2B2FBB20-0A54-4F0D-B582-C271631C45A4.jpeg

These two and the RNATT are enough to get you your import permit.

Give me a second and I will do you a copy of what that looks like

Guest The Pom Queen

This is what your import permit includes, again I’ve missed off the first page but basically that has the animals details, the date you applied for the import permit and the expiry which is 12 months later.

Please note the health form at the bottom which is what you get with your import permit to complete.

Also remember it has to be a government official vet

5697470A-DB8E-4F66-8502-78F91787937F.png

8C1736DB-402D-40AD-8F21-378FF9C9CEA0.png

65A101C2-3813-4393-B9B2-331D5784074E.png

A7F88398-1B11-4CAA-B930-064CBD08B0A3.png

D1ACF0D5-803A-4B14-9027-356B36CAB971.png

AE3C5FFA-6BB8-4B91-997C-56F51BC5D952.png

65C4352F-D8DE-41A2-9418-6F4DBC0A51F6.png

7A5E4704-F868-4507-A68D-84D893F4CB28.png

FCD6AD4E-F136-4537-893A-FFCF4C737681.png

42F5C0DE-A490-4243-B47C-259431D51CD6.png

Hi Mel.b

You do know that either your pets can come over to UK and board for 6 weeks before flight and a pet shipper (like Petair) can do all the tests, treatments and preparation and then fly your pets to Australia. Not the cheapest way, but definitely the simplest.

Most pet shippers from UK will work with your vets in Ireland and make a schedule of what to do when, in order to make things simpler for you and your vets.

There is loads of help you can get from this side of the world which will release some of the worry and stress from you 🙂