Parley

Anyone watching the cricket ?

31 minutes ago, Parley said:

That's all you got a motherhood statement ?

I thought it may further your understanding of what Spirit of the Game means and how seriously Cricket Australia say they take it.

Maybe they forgot to pass that message on to Paine and Smith?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/australia/classless-tim-paine-loses-friends-sledging-battle-after-immature-confrontation/news-story/fb5ecda10d1317657f8efe8a677ee5aa

The Aussie captain called Ashwin a “d***head”, said nobody in the Indian team likes him, made fun of his IPL career and talked up his own batting average on the subcontinent as tempers frayed.

Although Paine claimed to have more mates than Ashwin, the wicketkeeper only lost friends for his petulant display.

Cricket commentator and author Geoff Lemon said Paine went “feral” at Ashwin with “schoolyard stuff”.

“None of it sat right,” Lemon told The Final Word podcast, which he co-hosts with fellow broadcaster and writer Adam Collins.

“He showed a loss of control that he knew they weren’t going to get the win and was already getting furious about it.”

Collins said Paine’s outburst — which caused Ashwin to step away multiple times and refuse to take guard again until the chatter died down — was a world away from the side fans have been told Australia has become since sandpapergate.

2 hours ago, Bulya said:

Port Power not Port Adelaide.  

I think "Power" or The Power is their nickname in the AFL. As I was typing my original post i was trying to think of their nickname. I knew Adelaide are the Crows but I could not remember Port Adelaide's. There is no love lost between the two of them. I must do some research to find out how that rivalry compares to WA between Dockers and Eagles? I think i read somewhere that in SA one of the teams is a new creation for the AFL?

https://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/399645/10-things-you-probably-don-t-know-about-the-port-adelaide-football-club-

5 minutes ago, MARYROSE02 said:

You are confusing us. This thread is about cricket.

I want it all, and I want it now.

4 hours ago, Bulya said:

They were kicked out 

I know. They kicked out the Indian guy and his mate too as they tried to tell the cops there was no racial abuse.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Rallyman said:

In the 2016 euro finals wales were in same group as England. The press had written wales off and England were going to win the group . Didn’t work out quite like that then all of a sudden everybody had welsh connections 😂😂😂

it’s same in rugby they big England up every time then rip them to pieces if they lose but not to credit of opponents . 

I know what group they were in....I was at the match....I drank with a few welsh fans and loads of french after the game and into the night in Lens with 2 of my boys....not sure what press you are reading because I don't remember any press writing off Wales....England beat Wales 2-1 and Sterling got booed off at half time by his own supporters....we were sh@t from start to finish in that tournament and the press ravaged our team because of it......don't confuse confidence with arrogance......no harm in being confident of your chances but I do not recall an England team telling the nation they are going to win the World cup or the Euro cup before the tournament.....no team does that.....if they qualify well they might have some ambition to do well....I would expect that if the team is highly ranked.....if they perform they get the plaudits.....if they dont then they get derived by the press.....thats the same for any team.....In 2016 the Welsh team was actually ranked similar to England.....in fact they may have been higher....they certainly were higher ranked after the tournament which is probably a better guide to current form..... so why is it so much of a surprise that they topped the group and went to out perform England?.....I don't remember any press writing off Wales.....who did that?.....They had a good team then and still do now with a couple of world class players.....

During the recent Rugby world cup finals England destroyed the all blacks.....such a convincing win.....by far more convincing than anything the Welsh had ever done and were then expected to go on and win it....they didn't.....they got beat by a south African team who out manoeuvred us....we got beat by better tactics.....They killed our game and won fair and square.....I don't recall anyone slating South Africa because we didn't win.....😂.....I'm a little surprised at some of your comments TBH Rally.....don't play the victim mate.....no one belittles Wales or their teams......I saw this on the forum a few years ago with someone from Ireland (south).....Embrace it mate.....if supporters are backing your team embrace it.....theres no rule book saying you must be Welsh to support a Welsh team....maybe turn it around and ask yourself have you ever supported an English team?.....Yes....No?.....if not then maybe the problem is yours rather than someone elses.

5 hours ago, Paul1Perth said:

Alleged racial abuse. I saw on the news last night they interviewed an Indian supporter, sat in front of the guys who got kicked out. He tried to tell the cops they hadn't said anything wrong and they kicked him and his mate out too. The interviewer played him a video going round social media where you're supposed to be able to hear the abuse. He listened and said there is no racial abuse he could hear.

Could be all bullshit.

There's posts on this thread about how the Welsh hate the English, if England are playing how any other British nation supports the other side, so don't make out a few idiots in a crowd make Aus supporters worse than anyone else.

The Oz press found an Indian supporter who rubbished the claims....😂....so the cops are in on the ruse as well.....c'mon Paul....they got thrown out....that doesn't happen for no reason at all.

I don't think the posts are about how the Welsh hate the English....more about the press bigging up the English and belittling the Welsh.....and then when the Welsh do well miraculously lots of plastic Taffs appear on the scene in Red shirts singing Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau 😂

33 minutes ago, kungfustu said:

I know what group they were in....I was at the match....I drank with a few welsh fans and loads of french after the game and into the night in Lens with 2 of my boys....not sure what press you are reading because I don't remember any press writing off Wales....England beat Wales 2-1 and Sterling got booed off at half time by his own supporters....we were sh@t from start to finish in that tournament and the press ravaged our team because of it......don't confuse confidence with arrogance......no harm in being confident of your chances but I do not recall an England team telling the nation they are going to win the World cup or the Euro cup before the tournament.....no team does that.....if they qualify well they might have some ambition to do well....I would expect that if the team is highly ranked.....if they perform they get the plaudits.....if they dont then they get derived by the press.....thats the same for any team.....In 2016 the Welsh team was actually ranked similar to England.....in fact they may have been higher....they certainly were higher ranked after the tournament which is probably a better guide to current form..... so why is it so much of a surprise that they topped the group and went to out perform England?.....I don't remember any press writing off Wales.....who did that?.....They had a good team then and still do now with a couple of world class players.....

During the recent Rugby world cup finals England destroyed the all blacks.....such a convincing win.....by far more convincing than anything the Welsh had ever done and were then expected to go on and win it....they didn't.....they got beat by a south African team who out manoeuvred us....we got beat by better tactics.....They killed our game and won fair and square.....I don't recall anyone slating South Africa because we didn't win.....😂.....I'm a little surprised at some of your comments TBH Rally.....don't play the victim mate.....no one belittles Wales or their teams......I saw this on the forum a few years ago with someone from Ireland (south).....Embrace it mate.....if supporters are backing your team embrace it.....theres no rule book saying you must be Welsh to support a Welsh team....maybe turn it around and ask yourself have you ever supported an English team?.....Yes....No?.....if not then maybe the problem is yours rather than someone elses.

Think your reading too much into it KF just a bit of banter. My football team are welsh my nana took me when I was 4 years old ( Wrexham fc) I have never followed any of the big PL clubs. 
Being welsh I support wales in football and rugby , don’t care much for other sport’s ( except motor sport ) to be honest.

why would I want to support a English team, I have my team in football if they are not playing not bothered who wins. 

42 minutes ago, kungfustu said:

The Oz press found an Indian supporter who rubbished the claims....😂....so the cops are in on the ruse as well.....c'mon Paul....they got thrown out....that doesn't happen for no reason at all.

I don't think the posts are about how the Welsh hate the English....more about the press bigging up the English and belittling the Welsh.....and then when the Welsh do well miraculously lots of plastic Taffs appear on the scene in Red shirts singing Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau 😂

Two Indian supporters.  

1 hour ago, kungfustu said:

You've obviously never been at a game where someone if thrown out, the police ALWAYS take the side of the accuser no matter how many people around say they never said anything wrong, they can then argue they took the (possibly unfounded) complaint seriously, it's the easy option as the police and stewards can throw anyone out without any evidence or proof and you can't do anything about it. Argue too much and you can be arrested for public order offenses. 

Were any of the so called racists charged? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Parley said:

You are confusing us. This thread is about cricket.

I can multi task - Test cricket, BBL, EPL, AFL, NRL! England fans in particular at any Test cricket match in OZ all turn up in their footie team shirts, and the Barmy Army have adapted football sledging and singing tactics?

On 11/01/2021 at 22:11, ali said:

The Indian team did well today, thoroughly enjoyed this test match and it actually went to 5 days!!

Yes, it was epic, the last session was really tense.  Whole series has been fantastic.

Unfortunately it looks like the 4th test will be a no-contest.  With Bumrah apparently out injured the entire Indian pace attack will have about four tests between them.  Jadeja is also out with his damaged thumb.  Plus the Aussies never lose at the Gabba.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrandpaGrumble said:

Yes, it was epic, the last session was really tense.  Whole series has been fantastic.

Unfortunately it looks like the 4th test will be a no-contest.  With Bumrah apparently out injured the entire Indian pace attack will have about four tests between them.  Jadeja is also out with his damaged thumb.  Plus the Aussies never lose at the Gabba.

Bit disappointed that we didn't get any of the series over here in the West

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

18 hours ago, kungfustu said:

Lets face it mate, the Indian players weren't going to resume till somebody was kicked out, the cops had to find somebody to kick out.

Be interesting to see what conclusions the enquiry comes up with.

6 hours ago, GrandpaGrumble said:

I found the last day to be pretty boring TBH. I often watch a bit of test cricket and do something else for a few hours.

4 hours ago, ali said:

Bit disappointed that we didn't get any of the series over here in the West

Yep, they could have had a good crowd too. Probably a bit too risky for WA to let them in and organise quarantine though. I heard the Indian players didn't want to quarantine properly in Brisbane.

8 hours ago, Paul1Perth said:

Yep, they could have had a good crowd too. Probably a bit too risky for WA to let them in and organise quarantine though. I heard the Indian players didn't want to quarantine properly in Brisbane.

Would have had a really good crowd,  Scorchers have been getting 20,000+

• Like 1

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Looks like Sri Lanka caught a dose of what ever the Indians had for the first test.  Hopefully it was just a blip and their form will return soon.

Must be weird for Bess getting a 5 for and knowing he didn't bowl that well😀

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/55660492

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2021 at 07:22, GrandpaGrumble said:

Ashwin didn't make it to the starting line either, and it looks like another of their bowlers has pinged a hammy.  At this rate they'll be calling for volunteers from the crowd.

• Like 1

What a great finish. Ccongratulations to India.

It was great they played for the win and not the draw which was all they needed to retain the series.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Parley said:

What a great finish. Ccongratulations to India.

It was great they played for the win and not the draw which was all they needed to retain the series.

Even I watched the last couple of hours, and I never usually watch cricket. I leave that to the cricket fanatic in the house. 

• Like 1

When I migrated cricket was everywhere here, just like it is in India. Now if I see a game it’s so rare I stop to watch for a while.  NRL/AFL have taken the spot cricket used to have, Australia will never be as strong as they used to be. The depth has evaporated and it was never more obvious than today.   

2 hours ago, Bulya said:

When I migrated cricket was everywhere here, just like it is in India. Now if I see a game it’s so rare I stop to watch for a while.  NRL/AFL have taken the spot cricket used to have, Australia will never be as strong as they used to be. The depth has evaporated and it was never more obvious than today.   

It goes in cycles. Australia will have great teams again.

20 years ago England were hopeless and Australia would win the Ashes 5 Nil.

Things go around. How can you say Australia will never have a great team again. That is ridiculous.

20 minutes ago, Parley said:

It goes in cycles. Australia will have great teams again.

20 years ago England were hopeless and Australia would win the Ashes 5 Nil.

Things go around. How can you say Australia will never have a great team again. That is ridiculous.

Don’t think so.  There just isn’t the cricket like there used to be, nowhere near it