Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!


How do I cancel my 457 visa as a secondary person?

Recommended Posts

I was on a 457 visa as a defacto but the relationship ended. I left Australia within 28 days of it ending and the employer who sponsored my ex reported it to the government so they could cancel my visa. 

It's been 3 months since I returned to the UK but my visa is still active so I can't claim my super back.

How do I cancel my 457 if I'm not the primary person on it? 

Thanks so much for any replies! 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Raul, 

Thanks for taking the time to reply. 

When I go through the process of claiming my super back via your second link I get the message 'Department of Home Affairs has indicated that your visa is still current. You will be eligible to apply for a departing Australia superannuation payment when your visa expires or is cancelled."


I can't cancel my visa via Immi account because my 457 visa doesn't appear in my account. I didn't set up the visa it was all done through my ex's employer and I was the secondary person on it.  Do you have any other suggestions?



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Download Form 1194 from the Immigration website. complete, sign and email to super.hobart@border.gov.au.

Raul T Senise

Registered Migration Agent

MARN 0636699


"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now