You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

missbell88

UK national sitting English Test on holiday in USA- acceptable?

I need to take my PTEs but I really don't want to pull a sickie from work (I never have and don't want to). I've got a weeks holiday in October and am heading to New York. Would DoHA think it's odd/suspect having someone from the UK, take a test New York, for Australian immigration?

P.S. I'm a teacher so can't book a day off work. 

Do the centres offer weekend tests?

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

2 hours ago, missbell88 said:

I need to take my PTEs but I really don't want to pull a sickie from work (I never have and don't want to). I've got a weeks holiday in October and am heading to New York. Would DoHA think it's odd/suspect having someone from the UK, take a test New York, for Australian immigration?

P.S. I'm a teacher so can't book a day off work. 

It doesn't really matter where you take it, it is all electronic and the certificates are the same etc.

Have you studied for the PTE? I wouldn't underestimate it. There are English teachers who haven't made the required marks for the exam!

9 hours ago, missbell88 said:

Unfortunately not 😞 

Are you sure? I have taken Saturday Tests in the US. 

IELTS 07/22 R 7.5 W 8.5 S 8.0 L 8.5 O 8.0| Positive Assessment on 10/12 | SA SS Online 10/19 | SA Docs Recvd. 11/02 | SA SS Approved 11/18 | 176 lodged 11/30 | PCC and Medicals requested 12/05 | Meds Finalzed 09/01 | PCC met 31/01 | Visa Granted 02/01

My Blog

It shouldn't be a problem to take your test in the USA. Mine was done in Canada (even though I'm a dual citizen). There were others taking the test that were not Canadian citizens. The result is electronic and that's the only part immigration really cares about.

29/12/17 AHPRA logged,  31/01/2018 AHPRA asked for more docs,  20/02/2018 AHPRA rec'd docs, 27/02/2018 AHPRA extension app'd, 12/03/2018 Reg in principle, 29/03/2018 AHPRA Full Registration, 29/03/2018 Anmac Modified Skills lodged,   15/05/2018 ANMAC Mod skills Assessment +ve,  Aug. 2018 PTE-A (L:85 R:90 S:90 W:90),  South Australia State 190 Sponsorship Applied 08/09/2018, State Sponsorship Approved 08/11/2018, Lodged 190 visa 16/11/2018.  CO Contact for form 47a for migrating adult child, and non-migrating non-dependent adult children  9th April, 2019.    Grant 4th June 2019!!!! Job Offer Aug 2019, Flying to Oz October 2nd 2019✈️🇦🇺🌞