NEED HELP PLEASE: Complicated 457 Situation

Simon22492

Hi guys, Been trying to get advice everywhere but unable to find any due to the complications of it! I went onto my partners Visa back in 2015 as a secondary applicant to a 457 Visa. We since broke up at the end of last year and he allowed me a couple of months to see if we could sort it out or find my own visa. I found that my work would sponsor me which they did in February of this year. On my application i have put that i am separated from my EX and i also received a bridging Visa notification. I have since met someone new, and unfortunately i have been made redundant (in unfair circumstances) from my job. So i was looking to go onto my new partners 457 Visa as a secondary applicant again, however upon checking even though i have been given a bridging visa and stated on the form i was separated i am still currently on my ex partners visa (As the 457 visa through my work hasn't been granted yet after 8 months of waiting)! Therefore i cant prove the time of the relationship with my new partner as in the eyes of immigration i am still with the old one! Is there anyway they can back date the separation? Or what other visas can i go on until i can go on my partners new visa? Any help of options would be greatly appreciated!

I'd say you need to consult a reputable agent immediately.  I know it costs money, but the question is, how important is this to you?  If you f** it up because you get bad amateur advice, it could cost you a lot more than an agent's fee.  There are some good agents on these forums including @wrussell and @Raul Senise

I'm no expert but I'd think that if you've been made redundant, your own 457 application is null and void, which means the bridging visa attached to it is cancelled, too.  

Is there any way to contact your ex, to see if they can provide evidence of when they notified immigration of your separation?   

Edited by Marisawright

10 hours ago, Simon22492 said:

Hi guys, Been trying to get advice everywhere but unable to find any due to the complications of it! I went onto my partners Visa back in 2015 as a secondary applicant to a 457 Visa. We since broke up at the end of last year and he allowed me a couple of months to see if we could sort it out or find my own visa. I found that my work would sponsor me which they did in February of this year. On my application i have put that i am separated from my EX and i also received a bridging Visa notification. I have since met someone new, and unfortunately i have been made redundant (in unfair circumstances) from my job. So i was looking to go onto my new partners 457 Visa as a secondary applicant again, however upon checking even though i have been given a bridging visa and stated on the form i was separated i am still currently on my ex partners visa (As the 457 visa through my work hasn't been granted yet after 8 months of waiting)! Therefore i cant prove the time of the relationship with my new partner as in the eyes of immigration i am still with the old one! Is there anyway they can back date the separation? Or what other visas can i go on until i can go on my partners new visa? Any help of options would be greatly appreciated!

Get some professional advice from a good agent. 

It is possible to prove you are in a de facto relationship with a new partner even if you are still technically on a visa as a partner of someone else, BUT I would not advise going it alone. I'm basing that on advice from an excellent agent who was prepared to undertake a Partner application even though both myself and my partner were then on Partner Visas married to other people, and both thse marriages had failed. It is doable, but difficult,

• Like 1