You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Lisa81

My 19 year old son has regrets he didn’t migrate with us ...... what to do?

48 minutes ago, can1983 said:

of course, but I just find it too negative when people say there's absolutely NO way ever ever ever. I'm here and permanent not because of any skills, experience or merit just on the basis of my (Genuine) relationship. I could be a useless unemployable centrelink sponger and Australia could do nothing about it.

A 19 year old can choose, if they want to, to look for an Australian or NZ partner purely with the intention of moving here

But surely it's equally bad to encourage people with a bubbly, "You'll find a way!" when the reality is that it's very, very difficult.

I'm not sure how the OP will feel about you suggesting her son should go and shack up with some Aussie girl just to get residency.

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

13 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

But surely it's equally bad to encourage people with a bubbly, "You'll find a way!" when the reality is that it's very, very difficult.

I'm not sure how the OP will feel about you suggesting her son should go and shack up with some Aussie girl just to get residency.

That's true, maybe went too far

19 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

The 143 queue is now over 5 years wait so the sooner they get on it the better 

They will be going 408

2 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Not to mention how she'd feel when it was proven they only married for a visa, and he gets deported and banned. 

4 hours ago, SineadK said:

They will be going 408

Sorry I thought from your post that your parents would be moving over to join you. The 408 is only a temporary visa 

13 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

Sorry I thought from your post that your parents would be moving over to join you. The 408 is only a temporary visa 

Haha I meant 804 DAMN! My head is frazzled with all these visa numbers.