My 19 year old son has regrets he didn’t migrate with us ...... what to do?

Lisa81

48 minutes ago, can1983 said:

of course, but I just find it too negative when people say there's absolutely NO way ever ever ever. I'm here and permanent not because of any skills, experience or merit just on the basis of my (Genuine) relationship. I could be a useless unemployable centrelink sponger and Australia could do nothing about it.

A 19 year old can choose, if they want to, to look for an Australian or NZ partner purely with the intention of moving here

But surely it's equally bad to encourage people with a bubbly, "You'll find a way!" when the reality is that it's very, very difficult.

I'm not sure how the OP will feel about you suggesting her son should go and shack up with some Aussie girl just to get residency.

13 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

But surely it's equally bad to encourage people with a bubbly, "You'll find a way!" when the reality is that it's very, very difficult.

I'm not sure how the OP will feel about you suggesting her son should go and shack up with some Aussie girl just to get residency.

That's true, maybe went too far

2 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Not to mention how she'd feel when it was proven they only married for a visa, and he gets deported and banned.