register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

poolprouk

Citizenship interview Birth certificate requirement

Hi there,

I have an interview this week, the invitation requests that I bring an original birth certificate with parents names  on it. As I only have an original short form birth certificate (i.e. without parents names) i ordered what i thought was a new original from the UK.

Lo and behold a birth certificate showed up last week which is a full one including parents names e.t.c. Unfortunately it's a certified copy! 

I just wondered if anyone had gotten through the interview with a certified copy of their original birth certificate.

Regards.

just wondered if anyone had gotten through the interview with a certified copy of their original birth certificate.

Yes.....................

• Like 1

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com

1 hour ago, poolprouk said:

Hi there,

I have an interview this week, the invitation requests that I bring an original birth certificate with parents names  on it. As I only have an original short form birth certificate (i.e. without parents names) i ordered what i thought was a new original from the UK.

Lo and behold a birth certificate showed up last week which is a full one including parents names e.t.c. Unfortunately it's a certified copy! 

I just wondered if anyone had gotten through the interview with a certified copy of their original birth certificate.

Regards.

The original is held at the registry.Same with marriage and divorce certs.

What you have is fine

• Like 1

I have never been clear about what an 'original copy' is.

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com

I have my interview in a few weeks but only have the short form of my UK birth certificate (doesn't show my parents). Will I be OK with this or do I HAVE to have the full one

1 hour ago, md0u10fd said:

I have my interview in a few weeks but only have the short form of my UK birth certificate (doesn't show my parents). Will I be OK with this or do I HAVE to have the full one

What evidence did you upload showing your birth parents ?

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

4 hours ago, rammygirl said:

What evidence did you upload showing your birth parents ?

I didn’t upload any evidence regarding parents. I just had to state their names, DOBs etc. I didn’t need to full version for my PR so am a bit shocked that I might need it now when I’ve been here for 5 years+!!!

6 hours ago, md0u10fd said:

The email I received with my appointment details stated clearly that they want the birth certificate with parents names. I ordered mine approx 6 weeks out using standard postage and it arrived 3 working days before the interview. 

You can pay extra to get it sent a bit quicker. Suggest you get onto it ASAP.

Edited by poolprouk
Missing words

Ok thanks - looks like I’ll have to get my mum to sent it over from uk. Hopefully it won’t get lost in the post!!!!!