NSW 190 Secondary school teacher

Suus

8 hours ago, JDJones said:

What are your plans? I go up to 70 points 1st July, which will give me 80 for a 489. Might try my luck with SA.

I will gain points and priority relative to a significant number people over the partner points change. I don't know exactly how many, but 50% of accepted applicants have partners, and 'most' do not seems likely to get the full 10 points for english/skilled partner. Plus the extra points for 'certain STEM degrees' does not appear to have been defined yet, and could potentially be a big boost for me as a science teacher with a Nanoscience degree.

Depending on how it looks and what info is available I will consider regional prior to Nov or just head to Canada. Canada doesn't have the Nanoscience research I'm interested in pursuing in a few years, but it seems like AU's is more interested in Uber drivers than science nowadays. They are rapidly and disappointingly following in the US footprints... when the Donald loves your PM and is first in line to call after the win, you gotta know you messed up.

On 28/05/2019 at 06:12, Karstedt said:

I will gain points and priority relative to a significant number people over the partner points change. I don't know exactly how many, but 50% of accepted applicants have partners, and 'most' do not seems likely to get the full 10 points for english/skilled partner. Plus the extra points for 'certain STEM degrees' does not appear to have been defined yet, and could potentially be a big boost for me as a science teacher with a Nanoscience degree.

Depending on how it looks and what info is available I will consider regional prior to Nov or just head to Canada. Canada doesn't have the Nanoscience research I'm interested in pursuing in a few years, but it seems like AU's is more interested in Uber drivers than science nowadays. They are rapidly and disappointingly following in the US footprints... when the Donald loves your PM and is first in line to call after the win, you gotta know you messed up.

I don't see the point of adding points for everyone, it's not going to make any difference. Everyone receives 5/10 additional points off. I will be getting 5 pts for my 1 yr experience in Australia, 5 for my husband's english, 10 for my maths degree, but again most of the teachers will be getting these points if not more for being single. 

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, JDJones said:

I've pretty much given up on the 190 happening. Even with 70 points, plus 5 for SN, we probably won't get a look in. I'm going for the 489 Murray route

Something better than nothing mate. Going to try SA too when your points go up?

On 18/06/2019 at 06:51, 31Hillbury said:

How much chance do you think a secondary teacher with 75 points + 5 partner points when skills assessment is granted stands to get a 189 visa? 

No idea what's going to happen with the new changes coming into effect.

• 2 weeks later...

On 21/05/2019 at 16:09, pamoushe said:

Hi guys, did anyone get invited?

On 20/06/2019 at 01:43, JDJones said:

No idea what's going to happen with the new changes coming into effect.

Did anyone get an invite with the June rounds? 

• 3 weeks later...

HI guys, does anyone know if I need a skill assessment for a year of experience i(secondary teacher) n NSW? Or can I just provide my payslips? 

I started working since the beginning of the academic year (28/01/2019). Can I claim my points at the end of the school year (20/12/2019) or  Will I have to wait until 28/01/2020 (which will include my summer break)? 

• 1 month later...
On 29/05/2019 at 16:37, pamoushe said:

I don't see the point of adding points for everyone, it's not going to make any difference. Everyone receives 5/10 additional points off. I will be getting 5 pts for my 1 yr experience in Australia, 5 for my husband's english, 10 for my maths degree, but again most of the teachers will be getting these points if not more for being single. 

Shouldn’t the STEM degree be from Aus? To get the 10 points?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 03/10/2019 at 19:48, CapitalS said:

I thought secondary teachers could no longer apply for 190 NSW? Well not from offshore as they have put conditions on now that you have to have worked in Australia for 2 years? Maybe I’m wrong...

If applying for 190, Secondary teachers must have a minimum of 1 year experience in New South Wales 

• 5 months later...
On 25/03/2020 at 16:15, Areyousure said:

I’ll be having 85 points with state sponsorship for early childhood teacher, so I have chance to be called this year?

I’m also an ECT. Good to finally find another one as haven’t seen too many around 😊 I think secondary is more popular.