NSW 190 Secondary school teacher

Suus

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/11/2018 at 14:58, Karstedt said:

I used a statement that just had the number of days and age group, in my case split 15/45 primary/secondary. Probably didn't hurt that it was from an AU Uni though, could be more scrutiny for overseas Unis.

When submitting documents after invitation what documents do we need to upload? 

Transcript 

certificate 

and aitsl approval ?

anything else ? 

On 16/11/2018 at 04:38, Karstedt said:

Some early childhood teachers got 190 NSW invites.. any secondary teachers get one?

Not us 😥

Have they invited any secondary school teachers at all this financial year I wonder?

Edited by MaggieMay24

• 1 month later...
On 09/01/2019 at 03:51, Khrys said:

Hi guys,

Did anyone receive invitation from NSW  (190 visa) with 65+5 points as a Secondary School teacher?
It looks like noone has been invited since the new financial year.

No. Still waiting for an invite since July. I think my only hope is that when my points go up next July because of work experience, I'll have 70 and "should" get a 189 invite... but then again, I thought I should receive a 190 invite with 65+5, so who knows??? Sigh!!

On 09/01/2019 at 14:51, Khrys said:

Hi guys,

Did anyone receive invitation from NSW  (190 visa) with 65+5 points as a Secondary School teacher?
It looks like noone has been invited since the new financial year.

NSW hasn't sent any invitation since 15 nov. They told one of my friend that  there will be around this month. Looking at the historical data i assume it will be next week and most likely either on thurs or fri

I got an invite for 189 on 10th Nov, EOI had only been in 2 weeks. Have submitted all documentation and just awaiting medical that they requested... then sit tight and hope I guess 🤔

Does anyone know when the guidelines of 7/8 months processing time actually starts? Is it when the documentation and medicals are all complete? Thanks in advance 👍 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Burnsie said:

Yes I had 70 points and an addition 5 from the state. I'm secondary ICT but have also been doing private maths tuition for 5 years (kind of self taught although my ICT degree contained an element of maths)

Congartulations. Did you get the invitation for the Independent migration 189 visa?

1 hour ago, Burnsie said:

I got an invite for 189 on 10th Nov, EOI had only been in 2 weeks. Have submitted all documentation and just awaiting medical that they requested... then sit tight and hope I guess 🤔

Does anyone know when the guidelines of 7/8 months processing time actually starts? Is it when the documentation and medicals are all complete? Thanks in advance 👍 

Congrats 🍾🎉 

Science is in demand, I could get a job in 6 weeks if I had work rights. Though I think you can get work as a relief teacher pretty easy until you find a full time position. Teaching is not like most of the occupation they are prioritizing for visas, you can get get work in your field, you won't have to stock shelves or drive Uber like the engineers and ICT people.

21 hours ago, Burnsie said:

Your time starts when you lodged and paid for your application. Some people wait for case officer to ask for medicals, but that add waiting time to your application. According to current trends i don't think you have to wait 7/8 months if you front load everything. People are getting grants in around 3 months mark.

32 minutes ago, garrychandi said:

Your time starts when you lodged and paid for your application. Some people wait for case officer to ask for medicals, but that add waiting time to your application. According to current trends i don't think you have to wait 7/8 months if you front load everything. People are getting grants in around 3 months mark.

Oh wow thanks for the info @garrychandi that's good to know. Got our medicals in 2 weeks and out in aus at Easter so may be able to just stay out there! 🤔😂

On 12/01/2019 at 19:10, garrychandi said:

NSW hasn't sent any invitation since 15 nov. They told one of my friend that  there will be around this month. Looking at the historical data i assume it will be next week and most likely either on thurs or fri

Hi,

Do you know whether NSW has sent any invitations this week?