NSW 190 Secondary school teacher

Suus

Hi all,

I’m hoping to hear from other forum members about their experience with State sponsorship from NSW. We have put an eoi in for State sponsorship from NSW (190), Secondary school teacher, on the 22nd of August with 65 points (including state sponsorship points) and I wonder how long others had to wait for an invite? My husband’s points are 25 for age, 15 for Education and 20 for English.

The short(er) version of our story is that we lived in Perth for 14 months (on a student visa) till last March but had to leave Oz because our visa ran out and we didn’t receive an invite for the eoi we put in for Family Sponsored 489 (WA) or the 189 skilled independent (not enough points after they changed the minimum required points). Since then we’ve been back in the UK but can’t wait to return to Oz asap. We have recently put in an eoi for NSW as well, as they don’t seem to invite anyone for the Family sponsored visa anymore ? And from what I’ve been reading they need lots of teachers in regional areas in NSW, especially science teachers and we are more than willing to go country so I am hoping we will receive an invite soon. But sometimes I am losing all hope of ever returning as they seem to change the rules constantly...

Thanks for “listening” ? and looking forward to hear other people’s experiences.

41 minutes ago, Hank said:

Hi Suus, I’m a Secondary School Teacher and I submitted 190 EOI 2nd August to NSW with 75 points....I’ve had no response so far. Also intrigued to hear waiting times for invites. 

Hi Hank, wow I would have thought that with 75 points you would have gotten an invite in no time. I assume you also put an eoi in for 189 with 70 points?

I find it so strange that the occupation ceiling for secondary school teachers is one of the highest, yet they hardly invite any ?

Fingers crossed you’ll hear something soon ?

1 hour ago, Hank said:

Hi Suus, I’m a Secondary School Teacher and I submitted 190 EOI 2nd August to NSW with 75 points....I’ve had no response so far. Also intrigued to hear waiting times for invites. 

What’s the breakdown of your points? With 75, you should have got a 189 invite itself already.

http://www.iscah.com/eoi-invitation-estimates/

• Like 1

Hoping for a 189 invite in the next round based on the Iscah estimates with 70 points. My points are: age 30, English 20, 15 for education and 5 for experience. 75 points for 190 included the 5 for state sponsorship. Good luck with it all Suus 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Hank said:

Hoping for a 189 invite in the next round based on the Iscah estimates with 70 points. My points are: age 30, English 20, 15 for education and 5 for experience. 75 points for 190 included the 5 for state sponsorship. Good luck with it all Suus 

All the best :), keep us updated.

• Like 2

Hi,
Our eoi was submitted 13th August and had an invite to apply by the 23rd August. We applied for nomination a few days later and are now waiting for the nomination to apply for visa. It’s been about 5 weeks. My partner is a plumber with 65 points including state sponsorship.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Aimz said:

Hi,
Our eoi was submitted 13th August and had an invite to apply by the 23rd August. We applied for nomination a few days later and are now waiting for the nomination to apply for visa. It’s been about 5 weeks. My partner is a plumber with 65 points including state sponsorship.

Thanks for your reaction Aimz. That was a really quick invite for you then, how lucky. Good luck with the rest of the process!

5 hours ago, Aimz said:

Hi,

Was that as a secondary teacher as the primary or the plumber as primary (plumber will get snatched up ASAP)? How many points?

OP: I'm secondary, NSW EOI 6/6, 65+5 pts. NSW has not started 'bulk' inviting yet for the year, so they are only inviting certain occupations or very high point getters. And yes the occupational ceilings are stupid, they indicate demand, but selection is not based on them. For the 189, the caps are so high that the glut of 75+ point accounts and engineers can take pretty much all invites. For the 190, states have their own occupational priorities and don't publicize them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JDJones said:

Hi. I submitted my EOI on the 31st July. I'm a secondary teacher with 70 points. I still haven't heard anything yet...

Thanks for your reply JDJones. It seems like NSW is not sending out lots of invites atm. Please let us know when you do receive an invitation. Fingers crossed we’ll all hear something soon!

3 hours ago, Hank said:

189 invitation with 70 points received this month 

70 pts non-prorata are nearly up to date for 189, any new applicants should get invite next round. Still a very long backlog for 65 pts, back to Oct 17.

6 hours ago, JDJones said:

Hi. I submitted my EOI on the 31st July. I'm a secondary teacher with 70 points. I still haven't heard anything yet...

Do you also have a 189 application? You'd be a good indicator for if NSW is inviting teachers because you are one of the few of the few with over 65 pts, but you will likely get 189 next round if you have an app in.

On 13/10/2018 at 18:02, Karstedt said:

70 pts non-prorata are nearly up to date for 189, any new applicants should get invite next round. Still a very long backlog for 65 pts, back to Oct 17.

Do you also have a 189 application? You'd be a good indicator for if NSW is inviting teachers because you are one of the few of the few with over 65 pts, but you will likely get 189 next round if you have an app in.

I took my 189 out because I don't stand a chance with 65 points, or at least not for an entire year. For now, 190 seems my only route in. Why is NSW taking so long to issue invites?

12 minutes ago, JDJones said:

I took my 189 out because I don't stand a chance with 65 points, or at least not for an entire year. For now, 190 seems my only route in. Why is NSW taking so long to issue invites?

Unknowable... there is no transparency, so It's all conjecture. Could still be waiting for more 189s, could be retooling their own selection after the NSW premier called to cut immigration to her state in half.

3 hours ago, kernz said:

Same boat! I haven't heard of any teachers being invited for NSW since it reopened in July, even those with higher points.

It's crazy! I honestly did not anticipate having to wait this long just to be invited for a 190. If anyone could provide some answers, I'd be grateful!

5 hours ago, JDJones said:

It's crazy! I honestly did not anticipate having to wait this long just to be invited for a 190. If anyone could provide some answers, I'd be grateful!

It's the not knowing that is frustrating. At least with the 189 you can see how many are being issued and to what points score. It's difficult to know whether to keep your life on hold or not- and I've only been waiting 3 months! Have you got 70 points with or without state sponsorship?

4 hours ago, kernz said:

It's the not knowing that is frustrating. At least with the 189 you can see how many are being issued and to what points score. It's difficult to know whether to keep your life on hold or not- and I've only been waiting 3 months! Have you got 70 points with or without state sponsorship?

Been waiting 9 months for 189, 5 months for 190. Sucks big time. It's especially upsetting as their poor selection criteria for the 189 has fueled the political turn against immigration, and the consequential cuts are only making their selections worse.

17 hours ago, kernz said:

I've got 65 + 5 with state sponsorship. Putting in for a 189 is just not worth it at the moment as I wouldn't be considered with only 65 points for at least a year. I can't help but keep thinking the lack of invites is more political than because of some back log or lack of demand.