High school options in West melbourne suburb

Nidhi79

Hi,

I’m moving to Melbourne and looking for affordable home which I see in western suburbs. Now I’m confused in high school selection for my son ( year 8).

My son is average in studies. I have following queries:

1) Werribee is good school in ranking however have heard some negative views in forums specially about student behaviour ( bullying etc).Does anyone knows or have kids in school , pleased provide your recommendation.

2) How is point cook secondary school.

3) Is there any other good option for secondary school; in western suburb.

Shall appreciate your views.

Hiya we came here in May this year, kids just finished their first term in school (first term for them but 3rd for the year).  We have 3 kiddies ages 6, 11 & 13/14 in Dec. They are all in Point Cook college which is from prep to year 9. They are adapting well, no issues with bullying which is brilliant. They walk home after school and the school has lots of fun dress up days etc. As well. My daughter in year 8 needed to get an ipad as that is what they use a lot in classes. U do packed lunches as well. You can buy your own stationery or get from the shool and pay something like $150 can't remember the amount. 

School clothes u can get at Noones a shop in Hoppers Crossing.  They can wear their PE kit everyday with trainers. 

Umm can't think of anything else at the moment but please do ask. 

Rene

• 3 weeks later...