One Year Resident Return Visa and house ownership

friction

Our PR visa expiring in 2019 Feb. We had been to Australia 3 times in the past 4 years and spent approximately a month each time we visited. We own a 4 bedroom house which is on rental market for the last 2 years. We do not qualify for the 5 year RRV. I would like to apply for the 155 subclass as  we are only able to move by 2020 Jan due to some work commitments. 

I work in a university and actively publish research papers in internationally reputed journals; my graduate students are scheduled to graduate by September 2019 which is causing all these problems. I am curious to know whether owning a house (possibly a business tie?) and publishing research (possibly intellectual activity is some sort of significant benefit to the society) would help me to request a 1 year RRV? 

Thank you Paulhand. I hope owning a property could work in favor to get a 1 year RRV or at least a 3months RRV. Research papers are not specifically Australian; related to Aerospace engineering which can be of some benefit to the economy in a broader sense. 

So if I apply for the RRV a day before the current PR expires, I guess my PR won't become invalid until the CO make a decision on the RRV application.

13 hours ago, friction said:

Thank you Paulhand. I hope owning a property could work in favor to get a 1 year RRV or at least a 3months RRV. Research papers are not specifically Australian; related to Aerospace engineering which can be of some benefit to the economy in a broader sense. 

So if I apply for the RRV a day before the current PR expires, I guess my PR won't become invalid until the CO make a decision on the RRV application.

If you are overseas when your current permanent visa expires your permanent resident status also expires, application submitted or not. This does not mean it cannot be reinstated by the grant of an RRV later.