189 Early Childhood: experience with application?

Jyachting

Hey everyone,

I am on the cusp of competing a Grad dip in Early Childhood in Perth, WA, and am thinking of the next few steps ahead - application for skills assessment at AITSL followed by submitting an EOI.

I have 70 points:

Age-30

Superior english - 20 (Got it on the first try on PTE as opposed to six tries with IELTS) - Great article in this forum by super cow (https://www.pomsinoz.com/topic/171260-ielts-vs-pearson-test-of-english-academic-pte-academic-my-personal-findings/) 

Qualifications- 15

Aus study - 5

I have been speaking to several migration agents, but none seem to have the experience of actually dealing with an Early Childhood teacher applying for the 189. I would love to hear a first hand experience of dealing with AITSL (is it 10months to the day?), and their actual submission for an EOI, with how many points, and the rough time they waited. 

Any help would be appreciated. I will be posting my experience as I go through this journey.

I'm a Secondary Teacher, got my AITSL result in 7 weeks. I suspect it was faster because my credential was from AU, as most people do report very close to the maximum time AITSL allots.

You are probably in for a significant wait for a 189, there is an estimated 3-4 month backlog of 70 pt non-prorata (you) at the current rates. It could change and happen faster, or blow out to over a year, but it will probably happen eventually.

WA may have special criteria/consideration for state graduates under the 190 visa. It would likely be faster if you are eligible for that and intend to stay in WA.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

Just an update on the AITSL assessment:

1. Letter of practical experience: You can get this the moment your practical finishes (Don't have to wait for final marks). Email your school and get them to produce the letter for you. Usually happens really quickly.

2. Letter of completion and final transcript: I had to pay Edith Cowan University a total of $40, $20 for the completion letter and $20 for the academic transcript. Went to student central the moment results were released. They can do it on the spot. I recommend going first thing in the morning as they can do it on the spot as opposed to asking you to come back in a few hours as there are many people waiting their turn.

3. I sent my completed forms to AITSL and they received it on 20 December. They sent an email on 21 December confirming receipt. I was hoping they would start processing it and get the 10 week clock ticking (Hence the mad rush of getting all my documents sorted) but their email stated that they would process it on 2nd January. Received an email on 2nd January confirming payment of my application. 

Now sit back and wait..

• 2 months later...

Hi Jyachting, 

I had a friend doing exactly the same GradDip, her assessment was successful and she is already a PR. So good luck to you, please keep us posted:) I am currently pursuing a GradDip in Early childhood Education from University of Southern Queensland and struggling to find information about similar cases. I'd be happy if you could kindly post your AITSL outcome here as your experience will be very helpful. Thank you!