482 - Companies That Sponsor In Sydney

jameserob

I’m working as an Analyast and have six years extensive experience in data analysis, database creation, maintenance etc. I want to be sponsored on a 482 visa. Does anyone know of companies in Sydney or Melbourne that sponsor? I’m currently on my second year working holiday visa (just started it) but it’s difficult to know if a company can sponsor until you actually work there. I want to try and get this sorted now while I’m at the start of my second year and still have time. Have looked online but can’t find a list of companies that anyone’s compiled that definitely sponsor people. Can anyone help?!

It isn't as simple as you seem to think. There is no list of companies that sponsor as even a company that has sponsored previously, may not just go and sponsor someone else. 

First, have you checked you are eligible?

Second, many companies now chose not to as the cost has increased significantly and so has the time frames. Also, companies can just have a policy against it. I worked at a company that decided to change its policy even though it meant employees who were sponsored wouldn't be in the future and would lose their jobs at the end of visa. Then the role has to be eligible, both on the list and the company have established that they haven't been able to fill the role locally.