Shark Attack Whitsundays

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest The Pom Queen

@Bobj you better be careful when fishing.

A 46-year-old woman is in a serious condition with significant leg and torso injuries after being attacked by a shark in the Whitsundays off the north Queensland coast.

It is believed she was swimming from a charter yacht near Lindeman Island about 5:00pm when the incident occurred. 

The RACQ CQ Rescue helicopter winched the woman off a boat in Sawmill Bay and is now transferring her to Mackay Hospital. 

It is understood a doctor was on board who helped treat the patient, with other boats also responding after hearing a mayday.

The helicopter is flying to Proserpine to refuel and while on the ground, extra blood will be supplied to the paramedics on board the chopper.

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/09/2018 at 00:50, Leighbee98 said:

eeeek.

Ill have to bear this in mind when we visit in Feb. 

Where will you be staying, @Leighbee98? A very safe reef that you can walk to is between Sarina Beach and Campwin Beach. There is a very nice motel, the Sarina Beach motel and the reef is about 1km away.

Check it out on the satellite version of Google Maps...👍

Cheers, Bobj.

19 hours ago, Bobj said:

Where will you be staying, @Leighbee98? A very safe reef that you can walk to is between Sarina Beach and Campwin Beach. There is a very nice motel, the Sarina Beach motel and the reef is about 1km away.

Check it out on the satellite version of Google Maps...👍

Cheers, Bobj.

We are staying on Hamilton island in some “palm bungalows” just for 5 days (35 day overall trip)

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Leighbee98 said:

We are staying on Hamilton island in some “palm bungalows” just for 5 days (35 day overall trip)

🙂

If you are that worried - swim in the resort swimming pool or in a rockpool, rather than the open sea.

I have been mugged in Luton - but never had any shark encounters in Australia 

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Tootsie said:

🙂

If you are that worried - swim in the resort swimming pool or in a rockpool, rather than the open sea.

I have been mugged in Luton - but never had any shark encounters in Australia 

I was mugged twice in Perth australia but never attacked by a shark in my friends pool.

• Sad 1

On 07/10/2018 at 18:55, Perthbum said:

I was mugged twice in Perth australia but never attacked by a shark in my friends pool.

On 05/10/2018 at 23:14, Perthbum said:

you have more 1000s more chance of being injured just walking on the streets than being attacked by a shark.

You have more chance of being killed by a cow than a shark.