Queensland nominated 489

kerry knight

Hi Barry

Thats great news.

Congratulations!

Which state are you applying to?

I completed my Queensland state nomination a week ago and have not heard back yet. Its so nail biting not knowing their schedule! Are you now expecting your official application to take 10-15 months to complete or have you heard any differently?

Thanks again for sharing your experience, it is greatly received. 

I just checked online and they have reduced the wait time to 9-12 months but its funny how you received your official invite two working days after state application and I'm still waiting a week later - it makes me wonder if I did something wrong! I would be interested to keep in touch as we are similar stages. 

Best of luck.

I submitted my state nomination for Queensland on a Friday ( can’t remember exact dates. It was a few weeks ago) I got my invite to apply for the visa on the following Monday. I was not expecting it that quick. I completed my application and submitted that 2 weeks later. I’m just waiting for a outcome. 

Thats was for 190 though. 

Edited by kala1178

Wow! Thanks that’s really quick! Congratulations! I’m still waiting and it’s been over a week now...does it arrive via email?

Could I please ask did you wait until your official invite before getting Medicals? I’ve searched online but can’t find a link to detailed info on getting these done. Did you get some additional info with your application?

Many thanks

Fingers crossed my invite appears soon as I’m getting anxious somethings wrong?! Everyone appears to have had acceptances quite quickly!

I have an agent so I just got an email from him letting me know. 

As far as medical go I got mine done ages ago. I actually submitted my eoi for 189 last year. I tried to get everything sorted ready for my invite (which never came) I therefore had my medicals all ready when I got the invite for 190. 

My situation and the way I have done things is not the best way to do it but things have worked out for me. Luckily! 

I subitted my eoi for Queensland as soon as they opened there sponsorship in July so think I may have beat the queue. 

Hi Kerry, 

Saw your post so thought I would reply. I applied for the 489 Visa in June (still waiting at the moment). I applied for police checks prior to submitting my application and then when I did apply I uploaded them with the application. They are valid for a year (I think) and, like the medical, there are specific organisations that Immigration require you to use. If it's just a UK police check, then ACRO (www.acro.police.uk) will be who you approach. If you've lived or worked abroad for 12 months or more in the last 10 years (might be more) then you may need to get additional checks. Have a look on the Immigration Website/489 Visa section for more info.

Cheers

Hi, 

From my own experience, and from what I've researched online, getting all your paperwork together when submitting the visa application is advisable. For instance, getting your police cerificates in advance means that when they do review your application your case officer won't need to request these (potentially adding a delay). However, I didn't get a medical until after submitting my application. I received a message to organise this about a 2 weeks after submitting my application. So you could do the police checks before and then the medical after? You can do the medical before but I am not sure how they submit your results to Immigration without an active application (hope that makes sense). The only potential issue is that you get your police check/medical now and due to processing times it takes 12 months to get your visa. Potentially, your certificate/medical could have expired meaning you need to get anothet one.  There will definitely be accurate information on the Immigration website though. I found the FAQs section really helpful. 

I am not familiar with family applications but again, the website will have everything you need to assist the process. Also, there are a few immigration agents on this forum who are great at answering questions.

Cheers

I am just wondering whether anyone can share their 489 timeline so far? I have just submitted my visa application via Immiaccount but proof of employment documents were not on the list of requirements and there wasn't any space for adding more of my own? Also I am in South Africa for December and January and am worried that I will be called to do my medicals while I am away. Could anyone enlighten me on the approximate schedule of the rest of the process and what to expect next please? Thanks!