2nd time failure for 187 visa

eccc

I have been a silent follower since my 1st 187 application.

Today, I got my SECOND attempt failure in the same business. I decided to share my story. Please refer to the news report  

https://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/punjabi/en/article/2018/09/07/shifty-employers-and-long-wait-times-failing-visa-sponsorships

my story is frustrating and suffering. 

Now I am seeking AAT appeal (low chance to win though) and might go to ministerial intervention 

1 hour ago, eccc said:

I have been a silent follower since my 1st 187 application.

Today, I got my SECOND attempt failure in the same business. I decided to share my story. Please refer to the news report  

https://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/punjabi/en/article/2018/09/07/shifty-employers-and-long-wait-times-failing-visa-sponsorships

my story is frustrating and suffering. 

Now I am seeking AAT appeal (low chance to win though) and might go to ministerial intervention 

Hey. I'm deeply feel sorry about you. Must be devastating to get rejected 2 times. God knows how sad you feel right now. But from another cook/chef to another, dont ever give up. Try another state. With your experiences in your belt, i dont think you will find it hard to find another sponsor. All the best, Ahmad.

4 hours ago, eccc said:

Thank you for your kind reply. 

The processing time of 187 is ridiculous. It raises up to 23months now. What employers can guarantee  nothing will happen in 2 year time? 

I would not go for RSMS again. Can’t afford 3rd failure. 

I’m so sorry for that. My friend he works at the same Jamie Oliver’s place as you as a chef in Canberra and got refused as well, same reason 

if you have experiences and qualification. I would suggest to apply for 489 or 190, less risky than 187

Edited by ring3018

On 23/09/2018 at 05:33, eccc said:

Thank you for your kind reply. 

The processing time of 187 is ridiculous. It raises up to 23months now. What employers can guarantee  nothing will happen in 2 year time? 

I would not go for RSMS again. Can’t afford 3rd failure. 

Okay mate. Good luck 

On 23/09/2018 at 15:29, ring3018 said:

I’m so sorry for that. My friend he works at the same Jamie Oliver’s place as you as a chef in Canberra and got refused as well, same reason 

if you have experiences and qualification. I would suggest to apply for 489 or 190, less risky than 187

489 and 190 it could be a way. however, I never did the skill assessment, therefore I need another visa to stay here to finish it. 

Engaging in another visa means more money, more time ……   very frustrating and disappointing 

Thank for your suggestion anyway 

2 minutes ago, eccc said:

489 and 190 it could be a way. however, I never did the skill assessment, therefore I need another visa to stay here to finish it. 

Engaging in another visa means more money, more time ……   very frustrating and disappointing 

Better than 187 I assure you

16 minutes ago, can1983 said:

Sorry for your situation. Migration can be a lot of money and its rarely fair. I had to pay $7000 just for the right to live with my wife and children who are all Australian. I also have to wait 4 years to become a citizen when all of my family are Australian.......

If you think Australia is tough, you should try getting a partner into the UK.  

8 minutes ago, ring3018 said:

Lol, I guess UK partner visa fee is still acceptable compared to Australia. 

Yes it is cheaper ($2,900), however you also have to satisfy a financial requirement, meaning you must either have a lot of money in the bank, or a job with a certain minimum salary.  For some people there is simply no way they can meet that requirement

Edited by Marisawright

38 minutes ago, ring3018 said:

Lol, I guess UK partner visa fee is still acceptable compared to Australia. 

Much easier to get an Aus Partner Visa than  a Uk one.

UK requires either £62,500 in savings, or a job  in the UK , held by the UK person, not the foreign applicant, earning at least £18,600 per year.

Australia does not require either applicant or sponsor to have a job or any savings. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, can1983 said:

Sorry for your situation. Migration can be a lot of money and its rarely fair. I had to pay $7000 just for the right to live with my wife and children who are all Australian. I also have to wait 4 years to become a citizen when all of my family are Australian.......

Whilst it's expensive - you didn't have the right to live in Australia hence the visa.  Are you suggesting the wait period for Citizenship should be waivered because you're married to an Australian?

19 hours ago, Nemesis said:

Much easier to get an Aus Partner Visa than  a Uk one.

UK requires either £62,500 in savings, or a job  in the UK , held by the UK person, not the foreign applicant, earning at least £18,600 per year.

Australia does not require either applicant or sponsor to have a job or any savings. 

I’m talking about the visa fee, not other requirements. Look at the other requirements it seems pretty fair, Australia has too many fake marriages these days even in my circle I know a few

6 minutes ago, ring3018 said:

I’m talking about the visa fee, not other requirements. Look at the other requirements it seems pretty fair, Australia has too many fake marriages these days even in my circle I know a few

The immigrant who committed to the fake marriage would be deported from the country and have their visa revoked. They would also be blacklisted so that they would not be able to obtain a future visa for Australia. They could also face criminal fines and penalties as high as $300,000 and a jail term could be imposed.

Immigration authorities can undertake checks at any time and have a range of different methods to discover marriage fraud.  

At the application process, documents must prove the marriage is valid and then checks will be made as they progress onto permanent residency and again at citizenship status. At any stage, immigration officials can demand further submission of documents and undertake intensive couples’ questioning. They can also visit their home, talk to friends their employer and more.

On 27/09/2018 at 12:49, eccc said:

My husband sat the Cook skills assessment and found it really easy if that helps?

3 hours ago, Toots said:

The immigrant who committed to the fake marriage would be deported from the country and have their visa revoked. They would also be blacklisted so that they would not be able to obtain a future visa for Australia. They could also face criminal fines and penalties as high as $300,000 and a jail term could be imposed.

Immigration authorities can undertake checks at any time and have a range of different methods to discover marriage fraud.  

At the application process, documents must prove the marriage is valid and then checks will be made as they progress onto permanent residency and again at citizenship status. At any stage, immigration officials can demand further submission of documents and undertake intensive couples’ questioning. They can also visit their home, talk to friends their employer and more.

Yeah, I know that. Sadly it happens more than you think. Everything is valid but then it's a fake marriage, means "stay together is fake, joint bank account is fake, arrange family picture is fake, fake friends and so on". There's even a service out there.

Edited by ring3018
  • Confused 1