Offshore Partner Migration - submitting evidence

TheKeetons

Hi - I am an Australian Citizen living in the UK. My husband and I have been together for 12 years, married 10 and with 2 children who are also Australian Citizens. I am just about to apply for our offshore partner visa and I don’t know whether to pay for a Migration agent to check through my evidence, or whether the Immi account website is really helpful once you pay the $7,160. I would hate to attempt it on my own and get rejected on the grounds that my evidence isn’t good enough. However, I’ve scanned in;

Bank statements, some Utility bills, all our ID, all our tenancy agreements and mortgage documents, cards sent to us, travel documents, photos, Facebook screenshots, our photography website, tickets to gigs, invites. 

Is the Immi account straight forward once you pay the fees and start uploading your evidence and how can you feel secure that you’ve lodged enough?

Thanks,

Rachel

On 16 September 2018 at 17:42, TheKeetons said:

Hi - I am an Australian Citizen living in the UK. My husband and I have been together for 12 years, married 10 and with 2 children who are also Australian Citizens. I am just about to apply for our offshore partner visa and I don’t know whether to pay for a Migration agent to check through my evidence, or whether the Immi account website is really helpful once you pay the $7,160. I would hate to attempt it on my own and get rejected on the grounds that my evidence isn’t good enough. However, I’ve scanned in;

Bank statements, some Utility bills, all our ID, all our tenancy agreements and mortgage documents, cards sent to us, travel documents, photos, Facebook screenshots, our photography website, tickets to gigs, invites. 

Is the Immi account straight forward once you pay the fees and start uploading your evidence and how can you feel secure that you’ve lodged enough?

Thanks,

Rachel

I think you'll be fine yourselves. We were together since 2003, married 2006, daughter dual citizen 2011 and applied 2017. We uploaded different files for financial, social, identity, etc (combined various pieces of financial evidence into one PDF etc, all annotated with a cover sheet for each section of evidence), as well as witness statements, Form 80, personal statements, etc. 

Once you pay fee, you will be given access to the upload screens for both yourself and your sponsor.  It's a case of uploading PDFs in each section. There's a max number of 60 uploads per person, hence the need to combine different documents into combined PDFs.

Good luck!

6 hours ago, Beffers said:

I think you'll be fine yourselves. We were together since 2003, married 2006, daughter dual citizen 2011 and applied 2017. We uploaded different files for financial, social, identity, etc (combined various pieces of financial evidence into one PDF etc, all annotated with a cover sheet for each section of evidence), as well as witness statements, Form 80, personal statements, etc. 

Once you pay fee, you will be given access to the upload screens for both yourself and your sponsor.  It's a case of uploading PDFs in each section. There's a max number of 60 uploads per person, hence the need to combine different documents into combined PDFs.

Good luck!

Thank you. How long did it take to come through or are you still waiting?

ta, raRa

On 16/09/2018 at 17:42, TheKeetons said:

Thanks,

Rachel

I agree with most of the comments on this thread as your case looks quite straight forward. I do recommend however that you do your research before you lodge rather than being guided by prompts after lodgement. If you have any concerns during your pre-lodgement research, then consider professional advice.

On 17/09/2018 at 11:38, can1983 said:

If you miss some evidence off it will be requested by the Case Officer. 

This may have been true in the past but increasingly this is no longer the case. Case Officers are often making decisions without further requests on many applications.

Even the acknowledgement letter specifically states "We may make a decision on your application without requesting additional information. You should provide us with all the information you feel is relevant."

• Like 4

On 19 September 2018 at 04:16, TheKeetons said:

Thank you. How long did it take to come through or are you still waiting?

ta, raRa

We got ours last year. Applied Feb, granted May. 

Just make sure you've all your evidence sorted and read the Partner Booklet and other info carefully, to make sure you have your bases covered.