What if Migration Agent slow to pass on information request?

andand

Hi all,

Just curious for those who have used a migration agent before. In the instance the migration agent is slow to pass on information requests, or just simply overlooks an information request, does the applicant get contacted in any way? What happens in the instance if the migration agent is severely ill and there unable to work?

We just submitted a partner visa via an agent. I know you have to trust the agent, but without being able to check communication, and even the actual upload of documents, there's always a worry for things being overlooked or error.

Are Case Officers usually practical in ensuring applicants are given a chance to explain?

9 hours ago, path2aus said:

Can't you create an immi account and check your status? 

Unfortunately TRNs for partner visa's can't be imported. I honestly didn't want to use an agent because i'm pretty thorough (experience from my line of work), but my partner insisted on using one.

If you ask for one, a registered migration agent must send you a copy of your application and this should include a listing of the uploads. Sometimes the immi online application system fails to exhibit uploads. 

If you want answers to the rest of your questions, or more to worry about, check section 54, 55, 56 of the Mitigation Act

• Thanks 1