Negative outcome based on qualification

Oluwatosin

Hi

I am an internal auditor and I have been working at the same place since 2009, however when I applied for assessment ofmy skills at vetassess, it was rejected on the grounds that the requirement for my skill should be comparable Australian bachelor's degree but my qualification (B.Sc Finance - University of Ilorin, Nigeria) was assessed as AQF associate degree. I will like to know whether I can appeal or if anybody has had my experience in the past. 

16 hours ago, Oluwatosin said:

Hi

I am an internal auditor and I have been working at the same place since 2009, however when I applied for assessment ofmy skills at vetassess, it was rejected on the grounds that the requirement for my skill should be comparable Australian bachelor's degree but my qualification (B.Sc Finance - University of Ilorin, Nigeria) was assessed as AQF associate degree. I will like to know whether I can appeal or if anybody has had my experience in the past. 

I also got a negative skills assessment from Vetassess - down to not having enough learning hours in my qualification apparently (but nowhere in their guidelines do they mention this)...

The irony is if I hold the right to live/work in Australia my qualification is actually accepted by the governing body - allowing me to work in my field! Vetassess sadly, doesn't take in to account the different avenues of 'guided learning' life experience, volunteering; etc they are only interested in the classroom time attached to a qualification nor do they accept any form of RPL.

If you decide to go for a re-assessment/appeal I wish you luck.