You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Tuts

Confused about holiday visa

Hi ,any help out there would be gratefully accepted as I am going around in circle here in the Uk desperate to visit my family in Queensland ...I have an expired residency  and unable to return to live at present due to health reasons ,but it's been 6 years since my last visit . I am expecting to loose my right to return now ..but confused on what visa to apply for to have a holiday  3 options visitor visa subclass 600 ,evisitor subclass651 or electronic travel authority subclass 601 ...on all of above warnings that if you have a residency not to apply !! Please please any help out there😖

You could try for a RRV - you may get granted a year .. or if you can prove ties and compelling reasons why you've not been able to return. Might be worth speaking to a registered agent for some advice.

• Like 2

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Is your whole family in Queensland?  If so, it would be worth applying for a RRV because you have close ties to Australia. Getting the RRV doesn't mean you'll be forced to return to live, it just means you'll be able to come and go freely as long as it's valid.

• Like 1

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

I agree with Ali and Marisa - depending on when you want to travel it’s worth taking a look to see if you can get an RRV. There’s obviously some expense involved, but it would help keep some options open. 

Even if you returned on an eVisitor you would not ‘cancel’ your former permanent status. The warning only applies if you have a current PR visa. 

Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd