Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Tina65

Partner visa 820 help!

Recommended Posts

hi 

Just asking for a friend. they guy is an Australian citizen. he had applied for his wife's partner visa 820 in August 2016. The immigration hasn't replied inspite of being more than 24months now. medical done, police check done. whats the processing time for 820?? online portal says 19-24 months. Have others here received earlier than the processing times mentioned on website. have tried sending 3-4 emails. immigration doesn't reply at all. please give your suggestions. thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That does seem to be quite a long time being over the maximum processing time.  We see most of our (onshore) applications allocated to a case officer within 18 months and usually around 15 to 16 months. 

I assume they have checked their immi account and there are no further requests in the file status?  Best to check in case an email has been missed. 

 

 


Registered Migration Agent MARN 0639290

E: sue@visa.net.au

M: +61 (0) 407 930 929

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sue Battistin said:

That does seem to be quite a long time being over the maximum processing time.  We see most of our (onshore) applications allocated to a case officer within 18 months and usually around 15 to 16 months. 

I assume they have checked their immi account and there are no further requests in the file status?  Best to check in case an email has been missed. 

 

 

hi thanks, yes they usually check email and immi account everyday. the processing times on website are 19-24 months for 820. they have tried calling immigration at least 20 times. its always on perpetual answer that the processing times are for 90% applications. you might fall under the 10% which is why its taking extra time. huh

no further requests are there. it just mentions file received. 

 

whats the current processing times for 820 looking like?? have any other members been granted 820 earlier??? Please let us know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How would we know that a case officer has been allocated?? does the immigration send the clients an email regarding the same?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Tina65 said:

How would we know that a case officer has been allocated?? does the immigration send the clients an email regarding the same?

The application will change from Received to Processing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SineadK said:

The application will change from Received to Processing. 

thanks. its still received. the sponsors file has 'submitted' written. does that mean the file has not been opened and a case officer has not been allotted yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SineadK said:

The application will change from Received to Processing. 

what else can be done apart from waiting. they have tried calling immigration and also sending them an email as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Tina65 said:

what else can be done apart from waiting. they have tried calling immigration and also sending them an email as well. 

Lemme check mine again.....

I've been waiting 12 months + for a visa that was meant to take 15-17 months, the processing times are now 23-25 months. There is nothing you can do but wait. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Tina65 said:

what else can be done apart from waiting. they have tried calling immigration and also sending them an email as well. 

Yeah mines definitely says 'Received'. 

Did the use a migration agent?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SineadK said:

Lemme check mine again.....

I've been waiting 12 months + for a visa that was meant to take 15-17 months, the processing times are now 23-25 months. There is nothing you can do but wait. 

which one is yours?? 820 too? 

Looking for someone who has recently been granted 820. my friend's wife is an Indian. since India comes as Assessment level 4, does that mean it  takes more time for the application to get processed??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tina65 said:

which one is yours?? 820 too? 

Looking for someone who has recently been granted 820. my friend's wife is an Indian. since India comes as Assessment level 4, does that mean it  takes more time for the application to get processed??

No 187 DE.

Maybe I'm wrong.... looks that way! 

Sorry you really need to speak to a professional. 

Capture.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SineadK said:

Yeah mines definitely says 'Received'. 

Did the use a migration agent?

No they filed the application themselves. no agent involved. does that mean that the person need to wait longer if they file themselves?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tina65 said:

No they filed the application themselves. no agent involved. does that mean that the person need to wait longer if they file themselves?

I wouldn't think so but always best to take professional advice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SineadK said:

No 187 DE.

Maybe I'm wrong.... looks that way! 

Sorry you really need to speak to a professional. 

Capture.JPG

the applicants file says received but the sponsors file says submitted. should both come under as received??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear TIna

No. It is fine. The Partner visa application will say received and the sponsor application will only ever say submitted. The other person is talking about a different visa subclass and so it is different. 

We never know when a case officer is allocated until we receive either a grant notification of an email requesting further information. At this time the status changes to "Initial Assessment." Once further information is provided and you push the button to confirm this has been provided it changed to "Further Assessment".

It does not make the application process faster by using a migration agent. The  DHA did send out a direction, some time ago now,  that due to the amount of back log of applications that they were going to assess applicants from low risk countries (usually ETA or Evisa eligible) first. 

It is just a waiting game for your friends at the moment. At least they are in Australia together. 

58 minutes ago, Tina65 said:

the applicants file says received but the sponsors file says submitted. should both come under as received??

 


Registered Migration Agent MARN 0639290

E: sue@visa.net.au

M: +61 (0) 407 930 929

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/09/2018 at 14:16, Sue Battistin said:

Dear TIna

No. It is fine. The Partner visa application will say received and the sponsor application will only ever say submitted. The other person is talking about a different visa subclass and so it is different. 

We never know when a case officer is allocated until we receive either a grant notification of an email requesting further information. At this time the status changes to "Initial Assessment." Once further information is provided and you push the button to confirm this has been provided it changed to "Further Assessment".

It does not make the application process faster by using a migration agent. The  DHA did send out a direction, some time ago now,  that due to the amount of back log of applications that they were going to assess applicants from low risk countries (usually ETA or Evisa eligible) first. 

It is just a waiting game for your friends at the moment. At least they are in Australia together. 

 

Thanks Sue, appreciate your reply. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×