489 visa granted and validated BUT..........

sarah harmer

Hi there

Does anyone know if the following is possible?

We are 2 adults and 2 small children, all with a 489 SS visa already granted March 2018.  We visited and validated in July just gone.  But our house is still on the market and there doesn't seem to be much interest.  We also now have my hubby's mums house being renovated and will on the market in a couple of months, so there is a delay for us there.

Am I able to go ahead of my husband (I was the primary applicant)?  I feel this is not what we'll do, but I am worried that if we don't get to Adelaide by March/April 2019, it means that 1 whole year has dropped off our 4 years to get the requirements needed to apply for the permanent visa.

Also, if my husband did find the 1 year of work and we applied for the 887 Permanent under his name (is this possible as I was the primary applicant),  does he need to do an Ielts test?

Any advice appreciated.  Maybe I'm just being silly and worrying about nothing.

Many thanks all

Sarah

12 hours ago, sarah harmer said:

Hi there

Does anyone know if the following is possible?

We are 2 adults and 2 small children, all with a 489 SS visa already granted March 2018.  We visited and validated in July just gone.  But our house is still on the market and there doesn't seem to be much interest.  We also now have my hubby's mums house being renovated and will on the market in a couple of months, so there is a delay for us there.

Am I able to go ahead of my husband (I was the primary applicant)?  I feel this is not what we'll do, but I am worried that if we don't get to Adelaide by March/April 2019, it means that 1 whole year has dropped off our 4 years to get the requirements needed to apply for the permanent visa.

Also, if my husband did find the 1 year of work and we applied for the 887 Permanent under his name (is this possible as I was the primary applicant),  does he need to do an Ielts test?

Any advice appreciated.  Maybe I'm just being silly and worrying about nothing.

Many thanks all

Sarah

Ask an MA.

Hi I am on 489 visa and granted bridging visa on 25 oct 2016 ( final grant on 6 December 2016 ) . Moreover, I travelled overseas for three times in 2 year so far ( Ist trip for 56days , 2nd for 6 days and third for 27 days) .so, when do you think I should go for 887 visa .