You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Can anyone please tell me on a free evisitor subclass 618 visa ........after three months if I fly to New Zealand, how long do I have to be in NZ before I can re-enter Australia on the same visa to stay for  a further three months 

I don't think there is a limit for the amount of time you have to be out of the country. 

However I would expect immigration to pull you aside and ask what is going out. The 3 month rule isn't meant to be used like that. You might be better off with a subclass 600.

Thanks for that.  Unfortunately we cannot get a subclass 600 at the moment as no more applications are being accepted at present.

6 hours ago, Jane said:

Thanks for that.  Unfortunately we cannot get a subclass 600 at the moment as no more applications are being accepted at present.

Where on earth did you hear that?

What visa are you actually on? An evisitor is a 651.

A 618 does not exist

Edited by Nemesis

9 hours ago, Jane said:

Can anyone please tell me on a free evisitor subclass 618 visa ........after three months if I fly to New Zealand, how long do I have to be in NZ before I can re-enter Australia on the same visa to stay for  a further three months 

6 hours ago, Jane said:

Not sure where you are getting your information form, but it is not correct. There is no such think as a 618 visa and the statement that no 600 visas are being accepted is false.

If you are planning a quick day trip to New Zealand to reset the 3 months stay on a visitor visa, be mindful that you may be questioned at the border on your return as to whether you are a genuine visitor.

Raul T Senise

Registered Migration Agent

MARN 0636699

www.ozimmigration.com

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."