PARTNER VISA_Cultural activities

Martin Meszaros

Hey guys, hope this question finds you well.

We´ re just in the process of getting evidence together for a Partner Visa and we´re wondering whether we can include tickets from museums/concerts in the 'evidence of joint participation in social/cultural activities' despite NOT having one of our names on them. Usually when we purchase tickets it just has the name of the person who bought the ticket + 1 adult. Is this still considered good evidence? Is there any other way we can prove that we both attended the event together or is this evidence useless?

Thank you for any help in this matter. 

I’d asked my RMA this when we were applying as I’d kept lots of entrance tickets and gig tickets. We submitted a few scans of gig tickets which corresponded with photos of us and our relationship statements e.g. at a gig in Melbourne on a specific date, or a gig in Glasgow on a specific date.

Since we lodged our application, our RMA has said that we don’t need any other tickets (we’d been to a few galleries and museums but tickets didn’t have names on them). The only other joint things like that we’ve continued to upload are boarding passes for flights we’ve taken together.

Edited by Noodlejaffa

We only put tickets in if we could cross reference them with photos or Facebook posts or witness statements, otherwise I don't see how they could be real evidence. We used wedding and party invites addressed to both of us and downloaded our booking.com bookings history and cross referenced trips with Facebook entries and/or photos to prove joint travel, and also cross referenced our joint bank account for hotel, zoo, museum, meals out, etc. 

Hi Beffers, thank you for your reply! Just wondering, for organisation sake, did you annotate your bank statements and cross- reference them with a separate doc containing the photos/ Facebook entries? Or did you post screenshots of bank statements next to your photos/ posts? 

41 minutes ago, NatalieA said:

Hi Beffers, thank you for your reply! Just wondering, for organisation sake, did you annotate your bank statements and cross- reference them with a separate doc containing the photos/ Facebook entries? Or did you post screenshots of bank statements next to your photos/ posts? 

I annotated bank statements, and cross referenced them within the PDF files that I uploaded, and cross referenced any other evidence, like witness statements, etc. I also annotated bank statements for joint outgoings and expenses, and provided copies of bills in both our names from utility and insurance firms. 

Our application had four main sections of evidence: 1) standard stuff like passports, driving licences, proof of addresses, wills, etc; 2) financial/household joint statement outlining how we manage our household and then evidence annotated for joint expenditure, transfers between ourselves before we had a joint account, etc; 3) social evidence including a cover statement and annotated evidence - including photographs and appropriateFacebook histories, and 4) witness statements and our own individual statements on our relationship.

1 hour ago, Beffers said:

I annotated bank statements, and cross referenced them within the PDF files that I uploaded, and cross referenced any other evidence, like witness statements, etc. I also annotated bank statements for joint outgoings and expenses, and provided copies of bills in both our names from utility and insurance firms. 

Our application had four main sections of evidence: 1) standard stuff like passports, driving licences, proof of addresses, wills, etc; 2) financial/household joint statement outlining how we manage our household and then evidence annotated for joint expenditure, transfers between ourselves before we had a joint account, etc; 3) social evidence including a cover statement and annotated evidence - including photographs and appropriateFacebook histories, and 4) witness statements and our own individual statements on our relationship.

Thank you, that's what I was thinking I will do with the bank statements. I would like to cross reference some photos in other documents and I think I might say something like "see doc titled bla bla photo A" for example, but obviously I won't be able to cross-reference every meal we had out (for example). Your reply was very helpful, thank you.

1 hour ago, Noodlejaffa said:

Ha, ha! Yeah...fiancé and I both Scottish. Known each other for 30 years as from the same wee town in the north of Scotland. But only got together a few years ago - by which point he was living in Oz. Why make life simple, eh?! ?

Haha simple isn’t interesting! Saw your Glasgow comment. I’m Edinburgh born and raised!

I am Scottish but living in China, my fiancé is Chinese but living in Australia. Not simple AT ALL!

On 12/09/2018 at 09:31, Noodlejaffa said:

Ha, ha! Yeah...fiancé and I both Scottish. Known each other for 30 years as from the same wee town in the north of Scotland. But only got together a few years ago - by which point he was living in Oz. Why make life simple, eh?! ?

omg that sounds like me & my now husband!! Been friends since we was young, then 4 yrs ago we got together, he was in Australia - PR - hes since moved back here & we have got married with a 2 year old daughter. We applied 1st August 2018 xx