EOI to nomination times

lewisant48

20 hours ago, Philip84 said:

Hi lewisant48

I see no replies to your question. I submitted all my NT application docs on 11/09 and did EOI a few days before. Have you had any luck on getting some info. 

Hi mate. Haven't had a lot of info but i think EOI are going through reasonably quickly but it's the waiting on the 489 that's the painful bit. Once applied some 489s in with other states sponsoring are taking 3-4 months which i assume would be the same for NT as once you apply that's to the government rather than NT. Fingers crossed the process once putting the EOI in is only taking about 6-8 months rather than the 10-15 quoted on the home affairs site.

Where are you looking to live and what are you planning to do over in NT, work etc?

If all goes to plan and I get the invite in 6 months then that should be Feb 2019. I assume then there is just the medical and police after that...I would assume the 10 - 15 months is the whole process.. from assessment..eoi ..and then territory applications

I am looking at living in Darwin  area...I am currently working  in HR consulting, and the 489 is also based on HR adviser skills assessment done.   You?  

Well i'm on my wife's visa and she's a vet nurse, i'll be looking to be a case worker or care home manager with people with Autism and learning difficulties. We're earlier in the process than you, waiting on the skills assessment to come back but there's no reasons to stress on that. Time-wise likely to put EOI in hopefully mid-november we have most our documents ready with our agent. I guess we hope to reason and invitation from NT by Feb and hopefully a grant by British Summertime so we're there when the weather is at it's best for NT! We're looking at Darwin and Palmerston.

I may be wrong... but I was under the assumption that EOI to nomination is based on a few factors...

• how many points you have
  • how many other people have more points than you in the same skillset
  • backlog???????

Our EOI was submitted at midnight UK time by our agent... he rang us a day later to say we had been nominated.

On 22/09/2018 at 23:34, SWMOY04 said:

I may be wrong... but I was under the assumption that EOI to nomination is based on a few factors...

• how many points you have
  • how many other people have more points than you in the same skillset
  • backlog???????

Our EOI was submitted at midnight UK time by our agent... he rang us a day later to say we had been nominated.

I believe you're correct?! 

Where was that for, i'd love that kind of turnaround! So, what's your nominated occupation, points and other info then? We're still waiting for the skills assessment results although it's only just shy of 4 weeks so could easily be another 8. IELTS booked for next month.

189 (anywhere)

(OH)Secondary Maths Teacher 80(85) points

(me) Nurse 75(80) points

so our agent wisely advised us to go with the teacher at 80 points and not bother trying to get 5 bonus points. whereas if we went with the nurse, we may have needed the 5 bonus points to get to 80 for a quick response 

also registration process for teachers is significantly cheaper than nurses so that way we could stagger the registration as we ended up doing. So I've only just finished registration as a nurse ...after activating the visa...and I'm currently at about £980 so far for all the required elements to register...anxiously awaiting registration. flight is in 8 weeks time work starts in 10 weeks