100/309 granted - can I travel over alone for first time

xmascreek

I think you can travel alone. Technically I don't think you need to even be in a relationship with your sponsor now that you have a 100 granted (not that I'm saying you don't need them anymore!). When I activated mine my wife was in the other queue and I wasn;t asked anything. Considering the amount of personal sacrifice and cost associated its all rather underwhelming

On 07/09/2018 at 16:08, xmascreek said:

Thanks - applied 13th Dec17 got the confirmation of both 309/100 on 31st Jan 18 - so about 5/6 weeks from UK

Wife and Kids are Australian passport holders and we've been married 12 years so I think all that helped for fast processing.

You were lucky with your timing to be honest, I am in almost exactly the same situation and applied in March, no contact yet.

There is no requirement to travel with your sponsor however you must enter Australia by the First Entry Date which should be detailed on your grant notification. This would be within a 12 month time frame of when your medicals or police checks were undertaken. You can of course depart Australia if you need to go back to the UK after making your initial entry and activating your residency visa. 

Edited by Sue Battistin
Typo

• 1 month later...

Back in the UK - it was all a bit of an anticlimax. Went through the electronic gates at Brisbane Int with no fan fair. Had to look for a border patrol person to ask if 'that was it' - his reply was "well if the gates let you in then you have no problem". All seemed too easy after all the tension planing and waiting for the visa 🙂

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

what was the time frame you have been given to enter Australia for the first time? I am curious as we have applied for the same visa (I am an Aussie and my husband is Canadian and we are currently living in Canada). the timeline says 13-16 months to process, but once we receive the approval we were just wondering how long we have to actually enter Australia? 

Thanks!

8 hours ago, Jo P said:

what was the time frame you have been given to enter Australia for the first time? I am curious as we have applied for the same visa (I am an Aussie and my husband is Canadian and we are currently living in Canada). the timeline says 13-16 months to process, but once we receive the approval we were just wondering how long we have to actually enter Australia? 

Thanks!

You will get 12 months from date of your latest Medical or police check.  For example I have until the 20th March 2019, about 4 months - as it took 8 months to process.  This is why it is often suggested you do not get your medical or police checks up front, as you risk having either a short period to enter, or having to redo them at your cost.  Personally I was happy to take the risk from the UK, and happy to have 4 months to travel.